The Skincare #27: The Makeup Removers

Monday, 29 July 2013






























It's no small secret that I'm a huge skincare fan but what has to be my absolute favourite step of my night-time skincare routine is makeup removal.  There is just something so satisfying about removing all traces and prepping the skin for a second deep cleanse.  So I thought I'd detail my go-to products for taking it all off.  

First up the much hyped beauty buff favourite Bioderma Créaline H2O.  This micellar water solution is really mild, fragrance and alcohol free and feels cooling on the skin.  It doesn't aggravate my acne prone complexion yet thoroughly removes all makeup.  (Even Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation!) I just soak some cotton wool on this and cleanse my face and eyes.  I buy the 500ml bottles and find that they last a good few months.  I'm on my last drop of this one but keep several back ups.  Long gone are the days of *whispers* facial wipes!  Also, availability is no longer an issue with Escentual.com now stocking it.  I can stop bribing/begging family and friends to bring it home from France.

When I've really gone town with the waterproof mascara, I call in the big guns and I use Make Up For Ever Sen'Eyes. Formulated for the most sensitive of peepers, this mineral oil free gel dissolves the most stubborn mascara with little to no effort - no harsh tugging or irritating the delicate skin around my eyes.  

This combo leaves me slap free, ready to go in with my second cleanse and prepped for the other 101 steps of my evening skincare routine ;)

12 comments :

  1. I LOVE bioderma as well! Great blog definitely going to follow you.
    maybe you would like to check out and follow us as well? x

    www.ourlondonwardrobe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't tried Bioderma, it's been on my wishlist forever but I never actually get round to buying it xx

    Heels forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? I'd highly recommend it! Maybe even see if you can get one of the small bottles first?

      Delete
  3. I love Bioderma, I have two large bottles of the stuff :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? I can't see myself using anything else now :)

      Delete
  4. I really wanna try Make up Forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried a lot from the brand but what I have used, I've loved :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of Bioderma micelar water. I'm curious to try Make Up Forever remover for the eyes.
    Nice blog!

    Kiss,
    Liliana from Um Blog Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using Bioderma for over a year now and would be lost without it! Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete
  6. Ah I love bioderma, it truly works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't imagine using anything else now :)

      Delete
  7. Bioderma's Crealine H2O is really great for sensitive skin!
    I've just opened up an online French skincare boutique where I stock Bioderma and many cult favorites, all at competitive prices!
    I'd love if you came and had a look!

    www.frenchcares.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations