The Skincare #26: Alpha-H Liquid Gold

Saturday, 27 July 2013

































Maybe because I'm one for second chances or because I couldn't bear to see it wasted, left there unused, I re-introduced the infamous Alpha-H Liquid Gold into my night-time skincare routine.  My first foray with this left me feeling underwhelmed.  I stand corrected.

I may be late to the bandwagon but I'm firmly on it now.  I think that before I was overloading my skin with products, using this in conjunction with other exfoliating toners during the day.  Now I use this glycolic acid based chemical exfoliant twice a week, as the last step in my night-time skincare routine and have definitely seen the results.  I still don't think that the results are instant with this and didn't notice a difference the next day after first using this but I have been (re)using this for a month now and my skin is brighter, clearer and old acne scars are noticeably fading. 

After cleansing, I soak a cotton pad with the clear liquid and apply it all over my face.  I don't apply any products after using this and make sure to wear SPF the next day.  It has quite strong chemical scent but it dissipates after a few seconds.  I may have been on the fence before but with smoother, clearer skin, I'm definitely driving the bandwagon now.

You can pick this up from Cult Beauty for £31.5o.  Have any of you succumbed to the hype?

7 comments :

  1. This stuff is my new skin savior xx

    Charlotte|LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Caroline suggested that you used it *I think twice a week* and leave it on your skin with no other product after it to see best results!

    I really would love to try this.
    It seems great!
    Velia | Cocoamourr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was using too many things at once at first :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't given into the hype yet.. Mainly because of the price! I don't want to spend all that $$ and then be disappointed..

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually hold off buying hyped things for that reason too :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the post. I wanted to buy this but wasn't sure if it was worth the money.

    ---
    beauty-kisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations