The Nail File #20: Essie Summer Collection 2013

Sunday, 7 July 2013



Previous posts and a quick glance at my stash will tell you how much I love Essie polishes.  Great formula.  Check.  Wide brush. Check. Gorgeous shades.  Check.  Super lasting power. Check!  So I knew it was only a matter of time before I found myself in Boots, picking up the Essie Summer 2013 Collection.  I mean, I tried to tell myself that I didn’t need them but who was I kidding, it happened!

I have been wearing these none stop since I first laid hands on them.  It may have been raining cats and dogs here recently but it is firmly Summer on my nails.  My favourite of the trio is Sunday Funday. This is the one I wanted the most but my Boots was out of stock so I picked up the mini collection with 5ml of each shade.  €12.99 for one regular size or €19.99 for the set.  Girl maths…

Sunday Funday is a coral toned pink.  So right up my street.  I promise I didn’t just want it for the name.  I adore this one.  It is exactly what I have in mind when I think of a Summer colour.  Naughty Nautical is a turquoise/teal shade and lastly Full Steam Ahead has a cool toned lilac hue.  All three have a slight shimmer running through them.  I’m personally not too fond of shimmer on me but this is very subtle, only visible on the nails in certain lights and gives them a little something extra.

Ah Essie, thank you for your never-ending parade of pretty, I heart you so!

20 comments :

  1. Love these minis Essie does! Perfect for me because I never ever finish any nail polish.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither do I, minis are such a great idea :)

      Delete
  2. They look lovely!ive just ordered these polishes in superdrugs 3 for 2 nail polish sale online!very excited to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super pretty, I love essie too! I usually don't like little flecks of glitter in polishes but I love the way sunday funday looks on you! now i want to go out and buy it!

    xhaley
    haleyhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally one for shimmer either but I'll make an exception for these :)

      Delete
  4. I love naughty nautical! So gorgeous! I wish I could find the minis here.

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty colour! Ah no, could you perhaps order online?

      Delete
  5. I don't actually own any Essie polishes - but I'd like to! These are really cute :) Sunday Funday definitely looks like my sort of colour!

    Milly x
    mini-adventures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say what? I think I own enough for both of us! So nice isn't it? :)

      Delete
  6. Love the minis,. since I never get through an entire bottle-- but even more, love these candy colors with a touch of shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such cute colours! I love the Essie polishes, I think they have some great shades :) x

    beaumaquillagex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hold my hands up, I'm a little bit addicted to Essie :)

      Delete
  8. I've always seen these once in stores but never came to the point were I would buy them. Might have to do this next time I see them! Really great review

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that was the case with me :) Thanks for having a read!

      Delete
  9. I loved the summer collection but haven't bought any so far. So glad I held on, because these are so cute and the colours are gorgeous. I never use a whole polish, so I think the minis might be a better option for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the mini versions are such a good idea :)

      Delete
  10. Sunday Funday looks like a gorgeous shade and fab for summer. I love Essie polishes too but just wish they were a bit cheaper! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous! I know but I think they're such amazing quality it's worth it :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations