The Nail File #21: The Mani Maintenance

Wednesday, 17 July 2013































Wednesday = mid-week mani maintenance around here.  A few quick steps that can be completed while watching TV to revive your manicure or as part of a whole pamper routine.

Firstly I tend to my oft neglected cuticles by popping on some Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover for a few minutes, before gently pushing back the cuticles with an orange stick.

I don't think that long talons suit me so I tend to keep my short.  I file them with the Leighton Denny Glass Nail File.  This may have been one of my best ever beauty buys.  I found that emery boards caused my nails to split but this leaves them so smooth.

Next I apply a coat of OPI Nail Envy.  I find that this works well as a base coat too so I skip that step and get to lacquering on the nail polish.  I love this, it's fab.  The bottle lasts for ages and I have found it to work really well at strengthening my nails.  

A contender for the HG subtly hued shade crown is Nails Inc. Porchester Square.  A beautiful neutral greige colour with just a hint of purple tones.  I apply two coats of this for perfect opaqueness.

Finally to add extra gloss and limit chipping, I use a top coat.  At the moment I'm using OPI RapiDry Top Coat.  I don't know if I was spoiled with the Seche Vite Top Coat but this just doesn't blow my mind.  (Like a good top coat should...) 

You may just want to schedule a little manicure session tonight :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations