The Makeup #18: Matchy Matchy

Thursday, 25 July 2013


























I wear a lot of neutrals.  My wardrobe(s) are filled to the brim with black, grey, beige or white pieces. I often find myself trying to dress/jazz/liven up an outfit with a pop of colour.  Groan.  If I don't add a statement necklace or a chunky watch, I go for a bold nail or a bright lip.  

My favourite duo to do so with are Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 617 Holiday and NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square.  For nails my HG shade for Summer.  A gorgeous orange toned red. Opaque in two coats and drys to a shiny smooth streak-free finish.  Yes, the longevity is shocking but I can overlook that and accept the required repaints for the colour alone.  If only the Chanel shades could merge with the Dior nail polish formula...

For lips, I'm loving mattes and I'm well lazy so can't be fussed with the constant searching for a mirror or any reflective surface for re-applications.  I like to be sure that my lipstick will stay put.  I get a good few hours before this starts to fade and it wears away evenly.  This too is a gorgeous red with orange undertones.

Matchy matchy?  Yes, but who cares!  Living on the edge people ;)

7 comments :

  1. This orangey red colour is my favourite colour of the moment, love it for summer! The Nars lip pencil looks gorgeous, will have to check it out xx

    Heels forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a stunning shade! Would definitely suggest checking the NARS pencils out :)

      Delete
  2. This nail polish colour is absolutely gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive fan of Nars! I am so gonna try this! I am now following you! Check out/follow my blog!http://fashionfalsetto.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!
    ^_^
    Do you want to follow eachother with?))
    http://fashionelenblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh amazing colours and great review too.

    love your blog too...follow mine too?

    www.charmingnancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations