The Lips #19: A Peachy Pout Part Two

Sunday, 21 July 2013

L-R: MAC Shy Girl, MAC Sweet & Sour & Chanel Idylle
When it comes to makeup, lipstick is my thing so much so that I own quite a number of them.  A fact I'm unsure as to whether to be proud or ashamed of...but while I flirt with bold berry numbers and bright pinks, NARS Schiap anyone, neutral peach toned shades hold a special place in my heart makeup storage.

First seen in the original Peachy Pout post and showing no signs of abating.  Today I thought I'd go through the ones I've been wearing on rotation recently:

The nude - MAC Shy Girl a warm almost nude toned peach shade.  It looks almost brown in the bullet but it is much more peachier on the skin.  The formula is a Cremesheen one of my favourites for its creamy opaque texture.  

The newbie - MAC Sweet & Sour part of the recent All About Orange Collection.  This is truer peach shade with some coral tones.  Again a Cremesheen formula, it imparts a nice sheen without being overly glossy.  Wears off naturally.  

The sheer - Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 457 Idylle gives a pretty sheen to the lips with just the hint of colour.  The lack of pigmentation negates the need for fussy, mirror required re-application.

The gloss - Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 Apricot Shimmer the shimmer is barely detectable once applied and this leaves a light sheen on the lips.  More of a balm like texture, means glossy not gloopy.

So there's the run-down of my preferred peach toned picks.  What lipsticks have you been loving recently?

9 comments :

  1. I wish I had of bought sweet and sour it's an amazing shade!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the one MAC collection I was really excited about :)

      Delete
  2. Great blog post I've been looking for lipsticks and this post helped me a lot thank you
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to get Sweet & Sour but it sold out so quickly and now it's $40 on sites like eBay and Amazon :( It looks like the perfect peach colour!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that's crazy! I'm sure I've mentioned it before but NARS Barbarella is a gorgeous peach shade :)

      Delete
  4. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great post thou! did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! xoxo
    My Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3831938/love-joice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love these orangey peach shades, perfect for summer! Please check out my blog and click the follow button:)

    Www.fl0ralkittens.blogspot.co.uk

    Thanks,
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations