The Makeup #17: Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder

Friday, 19 July 2013



Ah highlighting the oft neglected step in my makeup routine.  In my defense I'm 30, more often than not, I need to mask/conceal/disguise not highlight and draw attention to areas.

When I do fancy a bit of highlighting, one I've been loving is the much hyped Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder.  I'm quite pale, (NC15 in MAC for reference) and use the shade Candlelight.  This is beautiful! A gorgeous, buttery soft, smooth powder.  Described as having a golden apricot hue, on my fair skin it imparts a pale gold sheen.

This is the perfect day-time option.  A little goes a long way, I use this down my nose and to highlight the tops of my cheeks and brown bone.  Sometimes I pop a tiny bit on with a MAC 150 to add a bit of shimmer and lift my complexion.  Subtle glow giving and radiance boosting it fulfills all of my day-time highlighting requirements.

I am so impressed with this, I may have to look into picking up some other Kevin Aucoin products to see if they are equally as awesome.

7 comments :

  1. I love Kevyn Aucoin. Great quality. You should check out the cream blushers, they are great. This looks beautifully. Glad it works on paler skin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve wanted to try this for ages after reading about it on other blogs. It sounds brilliant. I’m just have to give in and get it aren’t I? Haha. Love the blog xxx
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no easy way to tell you this but yes, yes you are :)

      Delete
  3. Recently bought this and love it as well! It's one of the few highlighters I feel I can wear in the daytime without it being too obvious! Great review! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations