The Makeup #16: The Eye Opener

Monday, 15 July 2013





















We've all been there.  You know those mornings when the snooze button has been abused, you force yourself out of bed in disbelief that it could be 7am already, bleary-eyed and are already looking forward to going straight to back to bed the minute you get home that evening.  Days when all the coffee in the world won't save you.  In times like these, I reach for the following eye opening products:

First up YSL Touche Eclat to add some light and radiance to skin around my eyes.  This luminising pen, brightens the area thereby hiding signs of Zzz.  The ultimate makeup pick-me-up.  Some days it's two-clicks other days several are needed.  As I always say, the early bird might catch the worm but she also needs a lot of Touche Eclat!

An eye-shadow with just the right amount of shimmer to brighten the eyes, is MAC All That Glitters. This is a veluxe pearl formula so not too frosty or too matte.  As described by MAC this is a beige shade with gold pearl.  This looks stunning worn alone, all over the lid.  The my lids but less tired/red option.  

When extra measures are required, there can be no shirking on this step.  Out come the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers use of these paired with lashings of Benefit They're Real Mascara for the ultimate wide awake look and eye opening effect.

There you have it, a few simple steps and no one need know that today was brought to us by Starbucks. Lots and lots of Starbucks...

10 comments :

  1. YSL Touché Éclat is an essential for me too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post I'm your new follower!
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are definitely essentials. I love Touche Eclat, but I usually buy a cheaper drugstore version like Maybelline Dream Lumi. Great post!

    http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cheers for the heads up, I've been looking for a drug-store version :)

      Delete
  5. I think All that Glitters is going to be my next MAC purchase! Thanks for posting about it :)
    www.makeuplove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful and one of those shades that would work on a lot of skin tones :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations