The Makeup #15: Makeup of the Moment

Saturday, 13 July 2013


























Today I thought I'd go through the items that have made it into the makeup bag.  The products I am currently loving and carry around with me on a daily basis should I need to retouch.  

Should I just skip over the Dior?  I think I've raved/gushed about this one enough!  But my current base of choice and has been since I bought it, is the Diorskin Nude BB Creme in the shade 001.  You can read a more detailed review here but it's safe to save I love this.  I hear there's a version for the eyes too, someone take my purse away from me now.

Because my naturally fair and overly plucked by my 16 year old self brows will always need some definition, I use the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in 02 taupe.  This has a brush on one end an angled almost wax like pencil on the other.  This is supposed to be very like the Hourglass one so I might pick their version up next when this runs out.

For eyes I generally skip eye shadow during the day and go for lashings of mascara.  I'm using the Benefit They're Real at the moment.  I'm generally not a fan of plastic brushes but am loving this one so far.  The brush makes getting to the root of the lashes a doddle.  Gives amazing volume and thickness but more importantly DOES NOT SMUDGE.  Take that oily eyelids!

Cheeks are sorted with a light application of cream blush with Topshop Head Over Heels.  A gorgeous pinky/peach hybrid, that dries down to an almost velvet finish.  And finally, continuing the colour theme, lips are kept glossy and peach toned with a slick of NARS Barbarella.

What makeup are you loving at the moment?

10 comments :

  1. I need the Dior BB cream, it looks amazing!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need it, it's fab! Maybe pick up a sample but I absolutely love it :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Top Shop cream blush, I want to try this one now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good aren't they? I love Topshop lipstick & blush :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the sound of the Dior nude cream and I love They're Real xx

    Beautyqueenuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with the Dior BB cream, with my oily skin I never thought I could wear it :)

      Delete
  4. Love the shade of that lipstick, amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have barbarella! its the perfect bright peach color, so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations