The Edit #21: The Tools

Tuesday, 9 July 2013























Today's post is all about my favourite beauty tools.  Those beauty aids that you didn't realise you needed but would be (okay maybe not) lost without -but almost!

First item in my kit is the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler.  Confession time - I didn't always use an eyelash curler!  I didn't think it was needed.  I was wrong!  These make such a difference.  Even for minimal makeup days, I sometimes skip mascara altogether and just curl my lashes.  From bleak and bleary-eyed to wide awake in a few seconds.

Next is something I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with my Tweezerman Tweezers.  I prefer to get my eyebrows threaded these days and save this for maintenance in between appointments but oh how my 16 year old self loved nothing more than going to town with these...I've been trying to grow them back ever since!  

A nail care staple is the Leighton Denny Glass Nail File.  It comes in an aluminium case, perfect for popping in your handbag.  These gives a lovely smooth finish to the nails.  Much better than emery boards that I found caused them to split.  This is definitely up there as one of my best beauty buys.

Lastly is the Ying Yu Jade Facial Roller.  Jade is supposed to have great healing properties and the massaging action means it is like a daily workout for the face.  I can't say I remember to use this daily but if I feel a headache coming on, I pop this in the fridge for a bit then roll it over temples to ease them.

4 comments :

  1. I've had my eye on the jade roller and that same crystal filler.
    This post got to me!
    www.cocoamourr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers and Tweezerman tweezers, couldn't be without them now! I'm intrigued by that Jade roller x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think any eyelash curler would do until I tried the Shu one - so good! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations