The Skincare #21: SPF Saviour

Saturday, 15 June 2013


































The improving weather has got me thinking, mostly about ice-cream, that first sandal blister but also about sunscreen!  Most days I rely on my base to provide sun protection but with temperatures reaching the scorching heights of ahem 22 degrees in Dublin recently, I decided I needed step it up a gear and use a separate SPF.  I repurchased an old favourite - NeoStrata Sheer Hydration SPF15.

I much prefer makeup that contains sunscreen as typically when I think of SPF I picture a thick white cream, that sits on the skin and spells disaster for makeup application and my oily/acne prone self.  But I've gone rogue and am happily wearing SPF as this has none of those characteristics!  

NeoStrata’s offering provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection, it is easily absorbed, light-weight, oil-free and most importantly DOES NOT cause congestion or break me out.  On those qualities alone, I’m sold!  But it doesn’t stop there, with 8% AHA this works to improve the texture and clarity of the skin too - bonus in my book!

Widely available from chemists in Ireland.

2 comments :

  1. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really good. Shame I think it's only available in Ireland :( xxx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah such a shame, I know you can definitely buy online :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations