The Skincare #20: Hydration Hot Shots

Tuesday, 11 June 2013


























A year ago, this would be the last post you would ever see chez LLA.  I assumed that products like these would make my skin oilier but as I've discovered if I use harsh drying products, my skin fights back and produces more oil. As I have learnt (the hard way) and from reading Caroline Hirons blog religiously, hydrated skin = happy skin and for that I've been reaching for the following:

Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask - I won't mention this too much as; you probably already own this/have read one of the other gazillion reviews of it out there/I gushed about it in this post. Gives visible glowing results the following morning and it smells like peaches.  Luuurve this stuff!

Clarins Hydra Quench Cream Mask - another wonder mask for dehydrated skin.  This is a white cream, that I slather on for 5-10 minutes and then remove any excess with a cotton pad.  Skin feels soft and plumped up.

CaudalĂ­e VinoSource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum - a light textured serum that was my saviour throughout Winter when for the first time in my life, the skin particularly on my cheeks felt tight and makeup clung to obvious dry patches.  This sorted out my skin in a matter of days.

Indeed Labs Hydraluron - a beauty blogger fave, this clear gel packed with (as the name suggests) hydraluron leaves skin feeling supple, soft and deeply hydrated.  I find that this also works a a great base for makeup.


Me using hydrating/moisturising products?  Who woulda thought it :)

6 comments :

  1. Really want to try the Clarins Hydra quench mask and the Hydraluron cream! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Origins Drink It Up Overnight Mask as well. I really want to try the Kiehl's Hydrating Overnight Masque.

    Gillian Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Kiehl's let me know how you get on if you do pick it up :)

      Delete
  3. Have wanted to try Hydraluron and the Drink Up mask for a while, they're at the top of my wishlist! Hadn't heard of the Clarins Hydra Quench but sounds really nice, will have to check it out!

    Heels forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really love them! On the hunt for a new day-time moisturiser now though :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations