The Skincare #19: Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream

Wednesday, 5 June 2013


















































My first venture into Bobbi Brown skincare came about because as Sod's Law would have it, while I have ridiculously oily skin, stupidly oily eyelids, the skin under my eyes is dry.  I mean can-you-say-Sahara-dry!  I hate Sod whoever he is...  I first noticed that the skin around my eyes felt dryer as makeup wasn't sitting right, so swayed by the word extra, I opted for the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream.  I use both the creamy concealer and the corrector but other than those and an orange toned lipstick that's currently on my wish list, Bobbi Brown isn't a brand I've dabbled with often.

This is a really thick cream.  I was worried that it would be too thick and rich and I'd end up reserving it for night time but I take a tiny amount and warm it between my fingers before patting it in and this works fine, I can go ahead and apply under eye concealer.  I've been using this religiously for a few weeks now and it has really made a difference to my under eye area.  It looks and feels hydrated and softer and makeup sits better now too.  

While I'm happy with the results, a word of warning for anyone thinking of buying this, is sniff it first.  It's not unpleasant but it has a very distinct scent if you are sensitive to these things.  Thankfully you can't get this once applied!  You can pick this up from Bobbi Brown counters for €49.

Speaking of picking things up, I'm currently selling some old clothes on Ebay here if anyone would like to take a look :)

6 comments :

  1. I'm looking at purchasing this after I've finished my Benefit one for night time. It's good knowing you enjoy it :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rich but I like it as part of my evening skincare routine :)

      Delete
  2. I've been suffering with my under eye area lately - it's dry and crinkly and dark so I'm going to pop this on my birthday wishlist! Hopefully it can sort me out too :) Thank you for sharing!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's horrible when the skin around the eyes is dry isn't it, makes makeup look awful! This is very thick but should sort you out. Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete
  3. I have been really in to my eye creams lately. I just bought the Origins GinZing eye cream. This one looks lovely and thick.

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you find the Origins one? That's on my wishlist too :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations