The Shopping #12: Chanel Summer 2013

Saturday, 1 June 2013




Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Powder is most definitely the one that got away!  But because I'm a glutton for punishment, whenever I'm near a counter I always ask if it's back in stock, you know, just in case...Yesterday lunch-time was no exception but this time I didn't slip away dispiritedly, oh no, I picked up some bits from the just landed Summer 2013 Collection.

The first thing that caught my eye was the Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipstick 457 Idylle.  As the name suggests these are very sheer.  This leaves a peach toned sheen and is extremely moisturising and comfortable to wear.  These don't last long but I like how easy they are.  This has tiny gold shimmer in the bullet but it doesn't transfer to the lips.

The thing that sparked my interest in this collection was Le Vernis Nail Colour 647 Lilis.  A gorgeous creamy coral shade.  I would describe this as a true coral, it doesn't lean more to red or pink.  I don't expect it to be long before I have tip wear but I had to have it because it is such a lovely colour.  This just might pip Holiday to the post as Summer's most lacquered on polish.

Lastly I bought Stylo Eyeshadow 07 Moon River.  As well documented, I'm not much of an eye makeup kinda gal but really liked the look of this.  (Shallow, moi?)  Eye shadows in stick form are great for novices like me and I love the golden/taupe shade of this and the texture.  It's almost wet when you apply it but it drys down to a powder finish.

So now I think I'm good for Chanel makeup for the time being!!!  Unless of course Les Beiges in #20 crops up anywhere!  I swear, that stuff haunts my dreams...

12 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh that haul is amazing! Love the polish - I always lust over Chanel polishes and that shade is stunning :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous colour, can't stop staring at my nails :)

      Delete
  2. wow- beautiful products! i love the nail colour! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I needed another nail polish but it was too pretty to pass up :)

      Delete
  3. Omg I have a strong addiction for Chanel nailpolishes (I have to buy at least one every season) and I'm wondering how it's POSSIBLE I've never seen this colour? I'm going to look for it until I find it!! Absolutely gorgeous :) Great blog btw, I'm going to read a few more posts :)

    xxx

    lifeisroyalty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for having a read! It's such a gorgeous colour!

      Delete
  4. LOVE the look of the lipstick, so perfect for spring and summer! must check it out soon :)

    Imogen - A Rendezvous with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sheer but perfect for easy (lazy) makeup days :)

      Delete
  5. An enviable haul! I really need to treat myself to some Chanel bits one of these days, I've only tried their foundations until now but their lipsticks looks so good. I'm also keen to try the Les Beiges powder, as despite not being a powder fan that one sounds really nice.
    Idylle looks like such a nice shade.
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I'd suggest even have a look at their lipsticks :)

      Delete
  6. That Lipstick shade is beyond amazing, Is it as moisturising as it promises, as I find some Chanel lipsticks are soo drying! :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these are the Coco Shines so almost balmy :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations