The Nail File #18: Chanel Le Vernis 617 Holiday

Tuesday, 25 June 2013


























Briefly mentioned in my Chanel Nail Polish Collection but given the frequency that I lacquer it on, I thought Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 617 Holiday deserved it's own post.  I know it's a nail polish brand that I love to hate due to the wear time not being the best but this is one of my favourite nail polishes of all time.  

When not sporting something neutral, I'll more often than not, be wearing this.  To get me out of my constant Topshop Threadbare wearing rut, I reached for this.  The perfect summer appropriate bright, red with orange under tones.  I like the brush and consistency, it applies nice and smoothly, dries to a high shine finish and two coats only needed for perfect opaqueness.  Red maybe not the most seasonal of choices but the orange kick makes it Summer appropriate.  Not that I pay attention to the rules... I wear pastels in December!  Living on the edge people!

As bemoaned previously, I know I'll have tip-wear after a day or so but no one buys Chanel polishes for the formula - just look at the colour!  A beautiful shade, so gorgeous that you may spend a ridiculous amount of time staring at your nails admiringly...

18 comments :

  1. ❤ your blog, beauty!
    Follow me and i will follow u back!
    http://lamourdesoibysm.blogspot.com/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6841269/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been on my wishlist since last year...I think it's time to make a purchase! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will require re-painting but for the colour it's fab :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh that colour is so gorgeous! I love the Chanel bottles too, they feel so fancy don't they? :)

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the little double C's on the lids :)

      Delete
  4. Oooo this is so nice! I bet ther are quite expensive though?

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pricey for a polish but such gorgeous shades :)

      Delete
  5. Pretty colour!even the bottle is cute!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post! your blog is great dear!!!
    could you please check out mine? would be such an honourr!!
    Itsfashiondamnit
    thank you so much!
    loveee Lottie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for having a read! Will check it out now :)

      Delete
  7. You can never go wrong with a red nail - love the colour! Im really loving the l'oreal pistachio gel polish at the moment!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never tried them, must have a look the next time I'm in Boots :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations