The Nail File #17: Chanel Le Vernis 647 Lilis

Monday, 17 June 2013


























I'm not generally one for collections but I had a bit of a beauty buying binge with the arrival of Chanel's Summer 2013 collection.  The item I had my eye on most was the nail polish Chanel Le Vernis 647 Lilis.  

I love the shade, I think it is a gorgeous summer option.  A watermelon-y/pink hybrid.  Two coats does the trick and it dries to a nice glossy finish.  I hate to say it but we all know it won't last long but I forgive Chanel's lack of lasting power (so much so that I have quite the collection of them, as seen here) because of the beautiful shades.  

Generally because I love the formula, the colour, I overlook the inevitable chipping but not this time. I'm so disappointed, I hope my needs to be replaced base coat is to blame but the application leaves a little to be desired.  I found that it drags, so ends up being lacquered on smudged rather than smooth. Such a shame but just look at that colour!

Chanel Holiday can rest assured that it still reigns supreme as my HG Summer pick!

12 comments :

  1. The shade is gorgeous! Shame the formula isn't great x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I'm surprised, I always moan about Chanel polishes :)

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely, pity it doesn't last as long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame but I'll overlook it for the colour :)

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous shade! I cannot wait to pick up my first Chanel polish :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give out because they don't last long but Chanel bring out such gorgeous shades so for that I'd recommend them :)

      Delete
  4. Love this colour, prefect for summer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful shade. It reminds me a little of a Barrym shade. Perfect for holidays!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it. Oh I'll have to check out Barry M, might be better formula :)

      Delete
  6. Am in love with this colour, it's beautiful! xx

    Heels forever

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations