The Makeup #14: Back To Bases

Wednesday, 19 June 2013























I'd love to be a pop on some lip balm and go kinda gal but unfortunately with my problematic skin this is a rarity.  So in the interest of not scaring any small children, there will always be several base options in my makeup collection.

For nights out, when longevity is key I use Estee Lauder Double Wear.  I wear the shade fresco.  Full coverage with impressive lasting power.  Even after several hours in a sweaty club, this will still be in place.  One for those of us with skin on the oilier side as otherwise this could feel too drying and could look cake-y as it is very matte.  I wear shade 01 Fresco.  The only negative is that it doesn't come with a pump. 

Almost as long lasting and with a medium to full coverage is MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15.  I rely on this for long days when I need my makeup to last for several hours.  Or for shorter days when my skin is acting up!  Another matte finish, I wear shade NC 15 for reference.

Ah my beloved Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15.  I'm running out of ways to declare my love for this, so I'll just refer to previous posts like this one.  Sold as a tinted moisturiser but this offers almost medium coverage, with a luminous satin finish.  It's love.  I wear the shade bliss.

Finally for those occasional good skin days, I've been loving the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.  This has SPF20 and I use the shade porcelain and the oil free version.  Perfect for lazy days.  A barely there, skin-like finish with a lighter coverage with a hint of dewiness.  

So there you have it my back up bases if you will.  What is your go-to foundation?

9 comments :

  1. I really want to try EL double wear but have never had the chance to pick it up. I love my Revlon foundations.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite heavy, maybe even try pick up a sample? I keep meaning to try Revlon, will check them out the next time I'm in Boots :)

      Delete
  2. Love your blog, i've been using a L'occitane one recently but i find it really difficult to find a nice one, especially as i have freckles!! i'm following you now x
    http://lastylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embrace the freckles :) Ah thanks for having a read!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to try Laura Mercier one day! Love your blog!! Xo

    http://jasmijngriffioen.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried my friends' Laura Mercier Tinted moisturiser the other day and was surprised by how much I loved it. So nice for summer! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you just want something light :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations