The Lips #17: A Rouge Round Up

Sunday, 9 June 2013





























When sorting out my lipstick collection the other day, I came to realise two things.  1. That I like organising/cleaning/sorting FAR too much and 2. When it comes to red lipstick as the above pictures prove, I have a type. 

My ultimate bright rouge round-up contains:

The pencil - NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square.  For ease of application I really like these.  So easy to outline the lips and then fill in the colour.  Lasts a long time due to the matte formula but not too drying.  A gorgeous red with an orange kick.

The liquid - Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Muse.  A lipstick/lip gloss/lip balm hybrid.  The high shine of a gloss without the gloop and comfortable to wear like a lip balm.  This is a red with a pink hue.

The long lasting - Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet 43 La Favorite.  On a fine line between red and pink. This is extremely comfortable to wear yet has the such longevity that Bioderma needs to be used for removal!

The potential HG - NARS HeatWave.  A beautiful orange toned red.  I'd describe this as a satin finish. I don't know what makes this so special but it is easy to wear, a gorgeous shade that suits my skin tone.  A firm fave.

The luxe lip - Tom Ford Wild Ginger.  One that made the wallet wince, not reached for often enough, I find that the creamy texture could cause it to slip but a beauty none the less.  Another on the more coral side of proceedings.

The matte - MAC Lady Danger.  Props to its long lasting formula but not as drying as other matte MAC lipsticks.  This is everything I wanted the TF one to be.  Bright and pigmented - so good, it deserved a post all of its own.

The latest addition - YSL Rouge Pur Couture 13 Le Orange.  Despite the name, I think this is definitely more red than orange!  A gorgeous shade but another with a more velvet texture so checking for lipstick on teeth moments are often.

So there you have it, my red lip rota, because let's face it, sometimes a girl needs options ;)

15 comments :

  1. Most of these have been on my wishlist for a while! Wanted the Tom Ford Wild Ginger, Lady Danger, Hourglass Liquid Lipstick in Muse and Nars Red Square for ages! xxx

    http://heelsforever.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red lips! My favourtie red lipstick is russian red by MAC. I like your blog. Maybe you can visit my blog ans follow me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady danger is gorgeous, I love matte lipsticks. My favourite red is probably Mac's dubonnet. Not the standard red but gorgeous none the less x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the heads up, must check that out next :)

      Delete
  5. I have the chanel Rouge Pur Couture #2 and I absolutely love it! Red lipstick instantly makes any outfit glamorous.

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? Or at least that's what I tell myself when I wear an all black outfit again :)

      Delete
  6. That's a lot of red lipsticks ! To be honest, I don't have any red lipstick. That's a shame, I know. But I don't like how it looks on my skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm terrible :) Many swatch some more, I'm sure there's at least one out there for you :)

      Delete
  7. I love this post!! Rouge lipsticks!!!

    Visit and follow my blog if you like it.. i can follow you back if you want!

    Greetings! :)

    http://enaissoul.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good red lip! Believe it or not, I'm using a stain by Revlon right now and it is AMAZING! It doesn't move!

    Great post! And your blog rocks! Check mine out. Maybe we can follow each other :D
    Alicia
    Lattes & Lacee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the heads up, will have to check them out!

      Will do, thanks for having a read :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations