The Skincare #17: An Ode to Origins

Wednesday, 22 May 2013
























Over here at LLA, I love lots of things, lipstick, coffee, Allure magazine but more than anything I love skincare.  So much so that I’m a bit of a floozy.  Always tempted by different products, easily wooed by brands enticing me with their skincare wares.  Which means that I often have several of the same products on the go at any one time and am not particularly loyal to any one brand.  So you can imagine my shock when re-organising my bathroom cabinets (another task that I enjoy FAR too much) I realised that apparently Origins and I are exclusive…

Today I though I would show you my favourite Origins products:

Once a week, usually on a Sunday I’ll have a good old pamper session and use the Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask.  This clay based mask works to soothe problematic areas, absorb shine and gently exfoliate.  After using this, my skin feels soft, clean, and blemishes seem calmer and less red.

When my skin is behaving itself, or sometimes just on my cheeks, before bed I’ll slather on a generous layer of the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask.  I won’t gush about this too much,  jeez, play it cool Michelle.  But as the gazillion reviews out there will attest to, this will tackle any dry patches and leave your skin super hydrated, glowing and is perfect, any time your skin needs a pick-me-up.

A night cream that my *gasp* 30 year old self was very interested in is the High Potency Night A-Mins Cream.  If you need something with a little more oomph, this will sort lack lustre, uneven skin out a treat.  I use the oil-free version and it doesn’t break me out.

And finally, that blemish banishing beauty blogger favourite Super Spot Remover.  You only need a tiny amount of this on individual blemishes and then are left looking less angry, red and inflamed. While this tackles spots effectively, it doesn’t dry the skin up so much that you have to deal with that, long after the blemish is gone.

Products that actually work, are easily available and not too pricey, what can I say Origins you get me every time ;)

6 comments :

  1. I love the Drink It Up Mask, it alwasy leaves my skin so hydrated. Really want to give the Night-a-mins cream a go aswell! Sounds like you have found some great products!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab mask isn't it? Even try get a sample of the Night-A-Mins as I have the oil-free one but they have one for normal/dry skin too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm yet to get my paws on any Origins products and it looks like I'm really missing out! The Out Of Trouble 10 Minute Mask sounds like it'd be perfect for my skin and I love clay based masks :D Thank you for sharing!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had past relationships with origins... You've made me want to go back! Just to make sure it wasn't the one that got away :)

    prettylittleus

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should give them a second chance :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations