The Makeup #9: Camouflaging & Concealing

Thursday, 2 May 2013



Things aren’t very crazy over here chez LLA most nights activities consist of bath, book and bed and all before 11pm!  But I have been known to go wild occasionally and stay up late watching back to back episodes of The Walking Dead.  Come morning I’ll pay for my recklessness because I’ll be bleary eyed and need to fake a solid 8 hours sleep STAT.  And on those days, these are what I reach for:

On mornings were it’s not bags but entire sets of luggage I have to work with, I use Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque.  Packed with pigment but in a lightweight formula, this neutralises discolouration and gives a more even appearance to the skin tone.  Meant to be used under concealer but I find that this works just fine on its own.  No creases and good lasting power.

The concealer that is intended to be used atop of this is the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Sand.  As I said I don’t use this around my eyes but own it because I’m a Sales Assistant’s DREAM customer!  I use this on any redness or marks that don’t need that much disguising.  It’s very pigmented but with a light consistency so I find that even with the powder it comes with, it doesn’t last that long on my oily skin.  Would be perfect for drier skin types.

When I need to roll out the concealing big guns, you know those bad boy blemishes I’m talking about, I use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1.  Longevity is amazing.  This creamy concealer provides more pigmentation than the Bobbi Brown one, I’d say it offers medium coverage and it is buildable.  I use this to mask blemishes as I find that it is a bit too thick for the delicate eye area.  

To perfect my peepers I use an illuminating concealer pen.  To fake the appearance of bright eyes I use the By Terry Touche Veloutée in 1 Porcelain.  This offers good coverage and lasts well without creasing.  One mornings when I’ve been good and have been tucked up in bed at a reasonable hour and don’t need as much help, I’ll use the cult beauty favourite YSL Touche Éclat in #1 to add some light and radiance to the eye area.

So now I can continue with my watching five episodes back to back binges and no know need ever know! Until now that is...

2 comments :

  1. Lovely post :) The Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge concealer is my absolute favourite! Works wonder.

    Alara x x

    http://thevanitylondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations