The Shopping #11: Boots Beauty

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

I went in to Boots for cotton wool, darn it!  You know how it is, you go in for one thing and other things somehow end up in the basket…

As much as I love higher-end products, I often (not often enough) feel guilty buying expensive shower gels to quite literally pour down the drain so when I feel like I need to reign in on my spending I buy this one - The Little Bubble Co. Coconut Creme Bath & Shower Gel.  Now it isn’t the most luxurious  or moisturising shower gel but it does the job and smells delish and all for the bargain price of £2.99.

Another purchase spurned on by scent was the Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia.  This too smells good enough to eat without being sickly and overpowering and is surprisingly quite hydrating on the lips.  A beauty steal at £2.25.

Then because I can’t leave Boots without checking the stand I brought Essie Go Ginza home with me. You’ll know from previous posts how much I love Essie nail polishes and this pale pinky lavendar shade caught my eye.  This was £7.99.

So that’s what I’ve hauled recently.  I did remember the cotton wool too ;)

14 comments :

  1. ooh I love the Essie colour, looks lovely, really want to get a light pink for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it, I have all the summer appropriate shades, just need the weather to pick up :)

      Delete
  2. Aaah you've done well, you seem to be like me and gravitate towards higher end products :) it's nice though to just nip into boots and for your bank balance not to hate you :)

    Love Kate at prettylittleus

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good, I manage to do damage even in Boots... :)

      Delete
  3. I love the little bubble co! I know what you mean about Boots, it's lethal!

    Nice haul

    xo

    http://the-shelley-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they? Think there's a mango one, I want to try next :)

      Delete
  4. I love coconut smelling products. I also have the nivea lip butter in caramel cream and it has been everywhere with me!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just reminds me of Summer! The lip butters smell so good don't they :)

      Delete
  5. I don't think I ever manage to go into boots for JUST what I was looking for and more often than not leave with a nail varnish.. love the colour of that Essie one!

    The Dress Code | A Beauty, Music, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it's as if I can't leave without checking the Essie stand... :)

      Delete
  6. I never go into Boots just for one thing! It always ends in a haul! I love Essie nail polishes, they are perfect! The Shower Gel looks great, I've never tried this before but I think I will now and the price is cheap! Great post.
    Just followed your lovely blog via GFC!

    FashionProject x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been kidding myself, I'm never gonna leave with just one thing!

      Ah thanks for having a read :)

      Delete
  7. Love that Essie Polish! Boots is always a spending disaster waiting to happen for me! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations