The Makeup #10: Besotted with Blush

Wednesday, 8 May 2013






















I thought I'd show you the blushers I have been enjoying recently.  Because I have never mentioned my preference for peachy products before.  Ahem.

For a subtle effect, I have been reaching for a cream blush by Topshop in Head Over Heels.  A coral-peach, cream formula but dries to powder and leaves an almost satin finish.  It looks almost neon in the pan but extremely wearable once blended out over the cheeks.  I think I've found my Summer blush.

The fail-safe option is MAC Melba.  MAC describe this as a coral-peach blush but I find it more like a dirty pink/peach hue.  This suits a lot of skin tones and makeup looks.  It doesn't look muddy or flat, with a smooth application and matte finish.

The beauty blogger favourite is Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine.  A really pretty peach shade with a slight gold shimmer.  Not the most pigmented but buildable and long wearing on my oily skin.

And lastly I've been using Chanel Joues Contraste #76 Frivole.  A deep apricot, this is an extremely pigmented option.  Adds a gorgeous sheen to the cheeks.  The formula is soft and applies evenly. Another thing, as with most Chanel offerings, this has the faint rose scent so you may want to sniff it never mind swatch it, if you're sensitive to these things.

Any others you can recommend?  Go on, feed my cosmetic cravings!

20 comments :

  1. Great post:)

    Also good explanation on the blushes
    These days Im looking for a more coral-ish color :) to get a peachy effect :)


    Kisses !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah I really want to try Head Over Heels, I've been lusting after it for so long! I love coral blushes - the Revlon PhotoReady ones are amazing!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my second one, I love it! Ooh will have to check out the Revlon ones!

      Delete
  3. omg looking at ur photo of blush there is like staring at HEAVEN! love ur picks! i love blusher. too much so. i enough to last about 10 people a lifetime (well i exaggerate a lil!)

    u need to try sleek blushes! the blush by 3 palettes are like soooo gorgeous and considering they're a 'cheaper' brand their quality is fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow jealous of your collection! Oh the Sleek ones are on my list, they look so nice :)

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful! I'm a big blush fan! :)
    Kelly xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently eyeing up a Lancome one to add to the collection... :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous makeup !
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I'm in need of a good blush. And a good bronzer for that matter!

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post :) Mac Melba is my absolute favourite x

    http://thevanitylondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having a read! It's one of my faves too :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my, these are so pretty! I love Frivole xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I obviously have a blush "type" Will check it out now :)

      Delete
  10. The new Bourgeois cream blushes look gorgeous as well and I've heard great things!
    Just so you know...I nominated you and your lovely blog for The Liebster Award! Check out all the details here: http://asliceofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-liebster-awards-ive-been-nominated.html#more
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I see a trip to Boots in my near future... Congratulations on your Liebster Award well deserved! Thanks so much for nominating me. I've already done one if you want to check my answers out :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations