The Makeup #11: Perfectly Primed

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

























With skin that is more on the oily side, sometimes I need a little help ensuring that my makeup stays firmly in place.  There is a fine line between dewy and shiny.  It ain't appealing.  I should know, I have crossed said line.  So to keep things looking pretty not patchy I've been using the following primers;

For days where I need my foundation to last a good 12 hours, I use Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in the oil free version.  This helps with longevity and to combat oiliness.  It has the consistency of a lotion, absorbs easily and doesn't leave any residue behind.  I find that I don't have to re-touch or blot so soon or as often when I use this.  I'm not too keen on the scent but you can't notice it once it's on.

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is a beauty buff favourite and one I reach for for when my skin is behaving itself.  It creates the perfect canvas and my base goes on more smoothly when I'm wearing this.  I don't find that on me personally it helps prolong wear time but I like the overall finish of how my foundation looks when I have used this.

One used mostly on my cheeks which can be more dry is the Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer.  This helps my base of choice glide on seamlessly.  Even though it is tinted in the tube, this doesn't add any colour to the skin once blended out.  It works to blur imperfections and leave a healthy illuminating glow without any shimmer.

Yes, I even need a primer for my eyelids.  I'm not really an eye shadow gal but on those rare occasions I wear it I find that the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion really helps prevent it smudging.  At the end of the day there is generally some wear of the shadow but not too much creasing.  You only need a tiny bit of this applied before eye makeup.

With the help of these even after ridiculously long days, I don't have to worry about scaring anyone on the commute home, safe in the knowledge that my makeup is still intact...

4 comments :

  1. Just discovered your blog it's great!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intrigued to try the laura mercier primer, have the foundation and it's good. The only thing with mercier is some of their products are quite drying, maybe the primer would be good for that.

    lemonade lifestyle xx

    http://lemonade-lifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the oil free version as I've super oily skin but if yours is dryer perhaps the original version would work well for you :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations