The Lips #16: MAC Lady Danger

Thursday, 30 May 2013





Hot on the heels of this post I know but my love for orange toned lipsticks shows no signs of abating as I have been wearing MAC Lady Danger at every possible opportunity.  Even if that is just to go to Tesco or sat at home on the couch, paired with a topknot and my PJs...  What?  Due to my lipstick stockpiling ways, I own a few other lipsticks in shades not too dissimilar to this but I've decided that this is my favourite (with NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil a close second.)

Sheer, glossy with a hint of colour it isn't!  Lady Danger is a bright orange red shade.  It delivers an opaque, pigmented colour payoff.  It has the signature MAC lipstick scent, which I never noticed before but I like it.  Was there a reformulation?  This is a matte finish but I don't find this to be as drying as other matte MAC lipsticks I own which I love, love LOVE, as I suffer from really dry lips.  This however, doesn't affect longevity in the slightest, I get a good 5-6 hours before I need to worry about re-applying.

As you all know, I'm not much of an eye-shadow kinda gal so I like how a bold lip can pull a look together and the orange tone makes it perfect for Summer!  I picked this up from MAC in Brown Thomas but next time, I must remember to back-to-MAC :)

24 comments :

  1. Gorgeous colour! I've always been tempted by Lady Danger but I have so many reds already!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. in love with this colour...may possibly have to splash out the £14 xx

    http://lhdc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely suggest swatching it, it's a gorgeous colour :)

      Delete
  3. This colour looks gorgeous. I have been loving more matte shades lately that last all day!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, can't be dealing with having to reapply :)

      Delete
  4. I have and LOVE lady danger :)

    Love Kate at prettylittleus

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't :) I like that it isn't as drying as other MAC mattes!

      Delete
  5. YES YES YES YES YES okay im going to get this, I've read too many reviews not to and such a classic shade, I know it will be worth the 36$ (I know I know...) xx

    http://misstephaniechen.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use a lot of MAC products, even Back-To-MAC it :)

      Delete
  6. looks like such a lovely color, perfect for that bright summer look! :)

    Eve x
    ChantellEve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been looking for that vibrant red color for ages now thanks for sharing


    Www.fashionkween.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Not that I needed another red, but it's stunning :)

      Delete
  9. Ive always wanted to try this, not sure why i haven’t, i guess its just one of those things I still haven’t got round to actually doing! Ha. Sounds really good from what youve said. Although being a redhead I am nervous about bright red. But live in the moment I guess! I might actually now have to get up and go purchase it! x
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're unsure even swatch it and see or if you use a lot of MAC, back-to-MAC it! I'd say it would be gorgeous with red hair!

      Delete
  10. Love the colour you've picked! It must look absolutely fabulous!
    Great pick ;)

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely up there as one of my faves :)

      Delete
  11. it's such a gorgeous color! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations