The Lips #15: YSL Rouge Pur Couture 13 Le Orange Lipstick

Saturday, 18 May 2013




Ladies meet the latest addition to my lipstick stash - YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #13 Le Orange.  If that isn't a thing of beauty, then I don't know what is...  Shallow moi?

Given the name, I thought this would be similar to MAC Morange and therefore told myself for oh I don't know, a hot minute, that I didn't need it but this is much more red toned.  I'd describe it as a tomato red with orange undertones.

The gold packaging feels luxurious and the reflective lip acts as a mirror for re-application.  A bonus is that it contains an SPF of 15 and is a satin finish so very comfortable to wear.

The only niggle I have is that re-application will be required!  The creamy texture causes it to slip after a while and as this is so bright and pigmented, I find myself checking for lippie on teeth incidents!  But it fades nicely to a stain and is such a gorgeous colour so I still love it!  

You can pick this up from YSL counters for €31.  If any of you own Tom Ford Wild Ginger then this would be it's slightly glossier sister :)

12 comments :

  1. This is such an amazing colour, still to try the YSL lipsticks xx

    LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that lipstick is beautiful. I love YSL packaging!

    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love! Head over heels!!!Beaut :)

    prettylittleus

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh I liiiiiiike! Am very into orange everything at the mo, deffo gonna check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've branched out from peachy shades to eh orange...but it's so pretty :)

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love! I have never owned anything from YSL. I will be sure to try this.

    I want to invite you over to my blog, I'm having a giveaway for 6 NYX lippies.
    http://splashkouture.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice :)

      Oh I've have a look now.

      Delete
  6. I just did a review on this lipstick too, love it. Love your blog and pictures too :)
    Samantha Dawn xoxo

    http://samanthadawnuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous shade isn't it? Ah thank you :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations