The Lips #14: Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick 02 Sweet Rose

Friday, 10 May 2013





I love cleaning!  I love organising, making lists etc. so the only explanation I have for the number of lipsticks I own is that I like to be prepared!  I need to know that I have all possible lipstick requirements covered.  Because who doesn’t need several shades/finishes with them at any one time…

The newest purchase is in the form of my first ever Clarins lipstick - shocking I know!  I love their skincare but I guess I just never thought of them for colour.  I’ve seen the error of my ways, swatched up a storm at the counter and walked away with Clarins Satin Finish Age-Defying Lipstick in #02 Sweet Rose.  

Part of the Rouge Eclat Spring 2013 Makeup Collection the formula is enriched with plant based waxes of mimosa, jojoba and sunflower, and also contains cocoa butter and a Nutri-Youth Complex, which according to Clarins, helps to create fuller, younger-looking lips with every use.  Music to my ears!  Or should I say lips!  A combination of highly nourishing, age-defying benefits with luminous, satin finish colour.

I opted for one of the more neutral shades, Sweet Rose is a soft dusky light pink colour.  They feel incredibly comfortable and light-weight to wear almost balm-like without the slip and opaque in two swipes.  As with most hydrating lipsticks, I don’t find the staying power too great, a few hours before I have to reapply.  I’m not too convinced of the anti-ageing benefits but it is a beautiful shade, with good colour pay off, comfortable to wear and fades nicely.  I’m impressed!

You can pick these up from Clarins counters for €23 or £18.50.

4 comments :

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations