The Edit #18: Beauty On A Budget

Friday, 24 May 2013
























If you are a regular reader of LLA, follow me on Twitter, or work on the Tom Ford counter in Brown Thomas, you'll know that my personal preference is for higher end products.  But for a lot of things you can pick up dupes that are just as good if not better in Boots or Superdrug.  So I thought I would show you the budget beauty bits constantly in my stash.

First up is Blistex Intensive Moisturiser which has wheedled its way into my night-time skincare routine.  Last thing at night, I slather a generous layer of this over my lips.  This is a thick white cream that is literally as the name suggests an intensive moisturiser.  I use this liberally as an overnight treatment and come morning, my lips are soft and deeply hydrated.


Admittedly not from Boots or Superdrug but Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub is a definite high street hero. This has a small ingredient list so no nasties but full of all the right ingredients for smooth and soft lips. I use this nourishing scrub every morning to prep lips before applying lipstick.  This ensures that lip colour applies evenly and there are no attractive dry bits for it to cling to.  Nice.  This will last you ages. I've been using this pot for weeks and have barely scratched the surface.


It is rare I get this excited about a lip liner.  I mean a nail polish, a lipstick, new glossy magazines, strong coffe but a lipliner?  Rimmer Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner 063 East End Snob is a stash staple.  I have very thin lips and this helps to define them slightly and as a base for colour.  As I'm a fan of a neutral lip, this shade works with a lot of lipsticks in my collection.


When I have a blemish that needs covering, there is nothing for it but Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. It definitely lives up to the hype.  This badboy is heavy duty stuff.  Provides medium to full coverage and has superb lasting power.  Probably not for those with dry skin as it could look a bit on the cake-y side.


Finally, because no one has ever mention it in a blog post before :) I have included La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.  I won't go on about it too much as I have talked about it in my Skin Care Routine post. Amazing as a treatment for problematic skin and as a base for makeup.  More pricey than the usual budget beauty buy but worth it.

14 comments :

  1. With you on the blistex front! Loves!

    prettylittleus

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does leave a white cast but perfect for slathering on at night :)

      Delete
  2. The Lush Bubblegum lip scrub and athe Lasting Perfection are two of my favourite products. Great high street finds!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lasting Perfection concealer is an absolute life saver! :) I've been wanting to try the Effaclar Duo for so long. I might just bite the bullet and buy it!

    Love, Hails x | www.hayerlily.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is my 3rd time repurchasing this concealer now :)

      Delete
  4. I love the lush lip scrub, although I do find myself just sitting eating it! And the collection concealer is fab, so cheap too : )
    http://beautysupergirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same...I really want to try the popcorn version :)

      Delete
  5. Great blog post! That lip scrub is really nice. And doesn't taste bad either.

    I've nominated you for an award on my blog. :)

    Lynn | MakeupWithTea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I think I end up eating it!

      Ah thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Love the LUSH lipscrub I spend more time licking it off my lips than scrubbing them, love the taste.
    I want to try the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo heard lots of great reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Effaclar Duo was really popular there for awhile but it's fab :)

      Delete
  7. I have the mint lush lip scrub, Its just tooo tasty!!! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I really want to try the mint one now :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations