The Skincare #15: The Case for Cleansers

Thursday, 4 April 2013
























Today I’m giving you the low down on the cleansers currently in residence on my bathroom shelf.  Ah makeup removal/cleansing my favourite part of my skincare routine.  I generally use my beloved Bioderma to remove makeup and then go in with one of these to cleanse.

I have rambled on about the staples - Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser and the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm here and here.  


But there are some new additions to my stash.  First up the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm which I have been loving recently.  It is almond oil based so works well at removing makeup but is formulated without mineral oil, parabens and all the other nasties.  It leaves my skin clean and soft and prepped for the rest of my routine.


As I try to avoid manual exfoliators and prefer chemical ones I thought that the AHA based Neostrata Foaming Glycolic Wash sounded interesting.  I use this maybe once a week.  I feel like this gets rid of dead skin cells thoroughly without being too harsh on the skin.  This brightens and leaves my skin smooth and soft.


The guilty secret of the lot is the Neostrata Clarifying Facial Cleanser.  I know, I should use more gentle products.  When I use these types of cleansers my skin tends to fight back and produce more oil, so the softly softly approach is best for me.  But sometimes when I’m particularly blemished, I just want something a bit stronger to dry the feckers up.


Lastly, I have Créme de La Mer The Cleansing Gel.  I was afraid to even include this, I know I can’t believe I spent so much on A BLOOMIN’ FACE WASH.  I don’t smoke, rarely drink these days - 30 going on 70!  We all need some vices right?  RIGHT?  I hate to admit it, I really like this.  I just leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh but not in a squeaky and tight way.  I save this for use in the mornings and use the balm cleansers in the evening.


What are your favourite cleansers?


12 comments :

  1. I love the amazing face cleanser!

    Great post :)

    My fashion/beauty blog
    http://xfruitytooty.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have used a balm cleanser a year ago thinking it would make my oily skin worse, but it works a treat :)

      Delete
  2. I'm using a cleanser from Avène. It's really great and gentle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gel cleanser? I've used that too, it's fab :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of emma hardie also! My other balm/oil clenaser is from elaine mummery acne clinic as its all natural but still effective, i switch between the two.
    REN clearcalm clay cleanser is nice, but also love any products from bravura, they have a great 10% glycolic acid cleaner.
    Really want to try Perricone MD..
    Omorovicza, tried the sample, loved it but just too expensive for me to use on a regular basis....

    (My favourite posts btw are your skincare ones :))

    A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I've never heard of Bravura before, must look into that brand :)

      Delete
  4. That's an impressive cleansers stash you have there! Really want to try a couple of these, especially the Perricone MD one x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think I'm okay for cleansers for awhile... The Perricone is great, really gentle.

      Delete
  5. I need to buy a decent cleanser xx

    mac lipstick giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm sorted for awhile :) Maybe check out La Roche Posay or Avéne have some good ones :)

      Delete
  6. I have a thing for cleansers and have been eyeing up the CDLM one for a while... I might have to indulge if its so nice :)

    Great post

    Siobhan xxx

    www.glitter-x-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely but ridiculously pricey! I may end up living under a bridge but it'll be with clear skin :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations