The Nail File #15: Top 5 Spring Nail Polishes

Sunday, 28 April 2013



My favourite way to unwind on a Sunday evening is with a good old pamper sesh.   (Before I watch The Following - not so relaxing!)  Hair washed and conditioning treatment popped on, face mask applied, relaxing oil and bath salt filled soak in the tub, completed with me giving myself a mini manicure.  Recently I’ve been choosing shades more appropriate for Spring and the scorching temperatures of…15 degrees we have been having over the subtle hued polishes I normally favour.

First up is NARS Kutki a Tiffany box, cornflower blue shade.  Two coats does the job and it dries with a creamy/milky finish.  I’ve spoken okay gushed about this before in this post.  The only niggle is the thin brush which means I need to take my time with the application.  Definitely not a slick on and go option.

Chanel May Le Vernis Nail Colour #535 - a pretty baby pink toned shade.  This is not the sort of colour I would choose AT ALL but I bloomin’ love this!  Application is great, it could have applied itself.  So impressive it made the Spring Favourites edit.

The infamous Essie Bikini So Teeny this is practically all I wore last Spring/Summer.  A lilac shade with a hint of shimmer in the bottle but this doesn’t transfer onto the nails.  Two coats and it’s opaque, application is good thanks to the new wider diffusion line brushes and longevity is pretty darn good too.

Speaking of lasting power, next up is Chanel Emprise Le Vernis Nail Colour #569.  A polish picked for the pastel orange toned shade rather than the formula.  One day before my mani started showing signs of tip wear!  A gorgeous shade, I opt for this when I’m not brave enough for Essie’s Tart Deco!

Finally I’ve included Dior Vernis #504 Waterlily from last year’s Garden Party Spring Collection.  A fun light green cream shade with a micro shimmer and j’adore (lame?) the formula of Dior polishes - I like.

For more skincare and makeup musings follow me on Twitter - @Michelle_LLA or on Bloglovin' with the icon on the top right hand-corner.

18 comments :

  1. I just painted my nails with Bikini So Teeny last night for the first time and really like it. The Nars polish looks amazing!

    Gillian from Glam Up Everyday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty shade! Wearing it now too :)

      Delete
  2. If it's pastel or bright, it's perfect for spring !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your picks especially bikini so teeny! It's my fave for the spring and summer!


    -Erica xx
    www.ericawears.com | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, the waterlily looks AMAZING. Totally obsessed. Fabulous post, love. If you get a second, I'd love if you'd enter my latest giveaway. Thanks so much, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous shade! Oh amazing, I'll check it out now :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They never last on me, but stunning shades :)

      Delete
  7. I'm really loving the NARS shade. Will need to keep an eye on their polish counter come next pay day. Thanks for the great reviews, perfect colours for summer time!

    I recently reviewed Sally Hansen Jaded polish, really getting into the pastel colours for summer 2013.

    beautybaggage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Trying to go for more Spring appropriate ones :)

      Delete
  9. I love painting my nails on a sunday and these colours are really pretty. Xxxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations