The Nail File #13: Dior Vernis 999 Red Royalty

Monday, 22 April 2013


































As much as I am a lover of neutral nails, you just can't beat a simple, chic red manicure. Given that the majority of my collection is made up of nude shades, for times like these, I've been turning to Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer #999 Red Royalty to sport nails à la Lauren Conrad...

A true straight up red describes this perfectly, not too cool or warm.  I've raved about Dior's polishes before.  (It's getting embarrassing now, seriously play it cool Michelle!)  The formulation is good, opaque in one coat.  Not too gloopy or thick and I love the wide brushes.  While the stubby brush might make precision difficult, it means, it takes less time. 


You can pick these up for €23.50 from Brown Thomas or your nearest Dior Counter.  I find Dior polishes to dry to a high shine finish and most importantly last well on me - sold!  

Now, to restrain myself from buying Dior's new gel top coat to pair with it...

14 comments :

  1. Oh wow what a beautiful polish, I love it. So glad it's a good quality polish too with a wide brush xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beauty isn't it? The wider brushes rule!

      Delete
  2. LOVE Dior polish! Such a great staple red xx

    Blog: http://www.cocochicblog.co.uk
    Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1823055

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw this polish is gorgeous! I always find it quite hard to find a red that suits me will defo check this one out! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, hence the preference for neutrals but I love wearing this!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Admittedly not very Spring-like but hey... :)

      Delete
  5. I wish I can afford a Dior polish, looks lovely :)

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely get a dupe in Boots or Essie will have one :)

      Delete
  6. woah that red is so beautiful and shiny

    Mind taking a second to check out my blog, I love feedback!
    rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing blog!
    what do you think about to follow eachother?

    I whish you a Magic day!
    A kiss from a SPARKLE ROME!!
    Federica
    smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations