The Nail File #12: Battle of the Neutral Nail

Tuesday, 2 April 2013








































You may just may have noticed that I like nothing better lacquered on, than a clean nude nail. Seriously, I'll be featured on some Channel 4 documentary in the not so distant future at this rate. "Hoarders - the nail polish edition."

One of my absolute favourites is Chanel Le Vernis in 559 Frenzy.  It’s the perfect colour, neutral but with enough warmth so your talons don’t look like they belong to a mannequin, with a hint of purple too.  It applies nicely and is opaque in two coats with a creamy high shine finish.  But while I have a weakness for Chanel shades and like the formula, they are not renowned for their lasting power...


So off I went in search of a dupe.  Enter Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in 303 Lychee.  I knew from my experience with the shade mentioned in this post that I loved these and wanted to try more from the range.  Lychee is a slightly lighter colour and a more true beige shade.  These last so well and are such a nice formula to apply.  


The Barry M offering is a thicker consistency and has a fatter brush while the Chanel one isn’t as thick and has a long thin brush.  I can’t decide which formula/brush I prefer.  I think with the Barry M one, you have to be patient and let each coat dry fully before going in with the next otherwise it goes gloopy.  While with the Chanel brush you can be more precise.


I love both, but think the Barry M wins for me in the battle of the nudes, (oo-er) with it’s chip free and glass like finish five days in :)


What's your favourite neutral shade?

16 comments :

  1. your blog looks great- want to follow eachother? please check out our newest post and feel free to leave a comment xx
    http://www.looklovewear.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog hun! love nudes! purchased the gel barry m polish and love it!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I get SO many people saying that Frenzy is one of the best shades out there...maybe I should finally get it! :)


    I wish you an amazing week!! :) xx

    Please check out my latest article on

    SearchingforLBD.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't found my perfect nude yet, I'm looking for one that is similar to my skin tone for that perfect mannquin look, I think it looks very chic! I hate the Chanel polishe's brush, it's to skinny and make's it all streaky. The shades are beautiful though, so I'll probably keep buying them. LOL

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I give out about them never lasting on me but get sucked in with the beautiful shades :)

      Delete
  5. love the color! so natural :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the first one, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are very similar but I do think Chanel just wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have frenzy and i absolutely love it! Also love emprise from chanel which leans on the pinkier side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Emprise, oops! Thanks for reminding me :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations