The Lips #12: Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

Friday, 26 April 2013




There is no need for me to tell you that I often ahem forget to use my eye lash curlers and you certainly don't need to know that often after my bath I'll be too lazy tired to apply body moisturiser so it'll be bath-pjs-bed for me.  I don't want this to turn into a confessions of a beauty blogger type post. Oh, wait...

There is something I need to get off of my chest.  I don't know if it makes me a fraud or beauty blogging failure but I'm not a fan of lip gloss.  There I said it.  Wow I found that highly cathartic.  My experiences with traditional lip glosses have been gloopy, wind-swept-hair-stuck-to-face affairs.  Never a good look!


But I've seen the error of my ways with the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector 03 Nude Shimmer.  I've actually seen the error of my ways X 3 as this is the third shade I've picked up.  More of a lip balm/lip gloss hybrid.  It looks quite opaque in the tube but the colour isn't as intense on the lips. There is a slight shimmer but it is barely detectable and lips are left with a wash of colour and a glossy high shine finish.  These feel moisturising and comfortable to wear not sticky in the slightest.  


While called Nude Shimmer, I'd describe this as more of peach shade.  I've been wearing this on it's own or popping some over NARS Barbarella for a perfect peachy pout.  You can pick this up for £15 or €17.


Just to note, if you own 02 Apricot Shimmer, you may not need this too.  When I got this home and swatched them both as you can see they are very similar.  The top is 02 Apricot Shimmer and the bottom is the 03 Nude Shimmer.   I mean, I obviously felt like I needed this too but you know...

10 comments :

  1. wow they look like lovely colours! Great for spring time I am a new follower, please check out my blog if you get a chance and follow if you like!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for having a read! I'm following on Bloglovin' now can't believe I wasn't before - fab blog!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous colour! I'm the exact same, all lip glosses I use seem to end in hair-stuck-to-face moments. It puts me off using them haha. But this one sounds lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I literally own two traditional lipglosses but these are more balmy so no mess :)

      Delete
  3. love the color!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    Also, I would love it if you checked out my latest letter to Anna Dello Russo here http://lettersfromtvc.blogspot.ro/2013/04/dear-anna-dello-russo.html

    xoxo,
    Ana V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having a read! Will check it out now :)

      Delete
  5. Looks so good! Been meaning to check these out for ages now!xx

    Blog | Cocochic
    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should they're definitely worth the hype :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations