The Lips #11: NARS Heat Wave

Saturday, 20 April 2013






While a quick glance at previous lipstick posts will tell you that I’ll always favour a neutral peachy/pink pout, recently red lipstick and I have been having a moment.  That first cautious thread has now turned into a full gallop and a rouge lip has most definitely been embraced.  The latest addition is NARS Heat Wave.  

Not quite on the same level as MAC Morange but it is an orange/coral toned red.  It does not say on the packaging what finish this is but I’d describe it as a semi matte.  Not too drying but I still exfoliate and pop some lip balm on first and it lasts a good while on me.

Perfect for Spring/Summer.  (We’ve had two days of sunshine and I’m mentioning Summer, possibly getting a little ahead of myself…) I have been loving wearing minimal makeup and then applying this. I'm no Gwen Stefani, I don’t know if I’m ready to rock a bold red lip while doing the grocery shopping or if in fact, my local Superquinn is ready, but hey I’m getting there…

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations