The Haircare #3: Ode to Oribe

Friday, 12 April 2013







































*Warning this post contains an out of control rave about seriously spend-y products*

I didn’t want to like this brand, I knew what it would mean for my wallet.  I tried to resist, for a long time, my fingers hovered hesitantly over the “add to basket” button on Space NK but I gave in and boy is my hair happy about it.

My introduction to the brand was when I bought the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray, mainly because Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup mentioned it.  So many times I’ll splurge on a product and regret it. This thankfully is not one of those times.  This is ah-mazing!  My hair rarely gets greasy so I use this as a texturiser rather than a dry-shampoo.  I just spray quite liberally all over dry hair and then ruffle for perfect lazy hair/beachy/bed head locks.  For the price, I think it is worth it.  I have mid-length, super thick hair and the small can lasts me an age.  Also, it smells incredible and doesn’t leave any residue in your hair.  

The next product from the line that caught my eye was the Oribe Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray. If you follow me on Twitter you may heard me moan once or several times about how much I hate drying my hair.  Well, this makes the process less painful.  I spray this onto damp hair before drying and it leaves my hair smoother, with less frizz, without weighing it down.  I’m convinced that using this cuts down the amount of time it takes for me to blow dry my hair straight.  This like the texturising spray smells great too, fresh and lemony.

Finally, the most recent addition is the Oribe Conditioner for Brilliance & Shine.  This adds much needed moisture to my mane.  My hair has never been so soft.  It also helps to control frizz, perfect for taming my unruly hair.  This does contain some silicones however, if that is something you try to avoid.  Like the rest of the line this too smells divine and is it wrong that I like the packaging?  What more can I say?  It's brilliant and my hair is shiny :)

Next on my hair agenda is trying the shampoo for coloured hair.  Someone tell my bank card I’m sorry…

For more lock loving among other rambles, follow me on Twitter - @Michelle_LLA or on Bloglovin' - http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4281591/luxe-life-aspirations

12 comments :

  1. I saw your post at IFB!

    Good work!

    I read about oribe but never tryed. I guess I should do it! Thank you!

    http://www.dariaburkova.com/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Anna is seriously bad for my bank balance too! I recently bought the Oribe Dry Texturising Spray but haven't had chance to use it yet. Great little post.

    Hannah cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an enabler but her recs. are always spot on :)

      Delete
  3. Definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I want to try the conditioner now haha! You made it sound absolutely amazing! :)) Great reviews darling!

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I've tried from the brand so far has been impressive! Unfortunately for my poor bank balance... :)

      Delete
  5. Hi I love your blog your posts are amazing !!! go check and subscribe

    this is my blog http://wtfstreetstyle.blogspot.pt
    my istagram username : missappowtfstreetstyle
    my facebookpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WTF-Street-STYLE/438828776185904?ref=hl

    kisses WTF! STREET STYLE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this sprayed on my hair during a photoshoot. It smells divine. Everyone went around sniffing it. LOL ! But they are a bit pricey. Oh well, those who can afford it should go for it !


    bisous,
    Natasha

    http://www.bisousnatasha.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so good doesn't it! And I like that you can't feel it in the hair :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations