The Skincare #12: Oil Control

Friday, 15 March 2013



I’ve been very good at shopping my stash recently rather than buying new things as mentioned here, so I congratulated myself by going out and eh buying new things...The thought was there, that’s what counts!  Baby steps :)

The never ending battle to combat my oily t-zone continues.  I bought Urban Decays Deslick Makeup Setting Spray.  As I’ve never used this before and have read some reviews that it broke people out, I went for the 30ml size.  This size is perfect for travelling or just throwing into my makeup bag.  I’ve kept this for use on nights out and so far I’m impressed, no breakouts to report and I’ve been glowing rather than downright shiny.


For day time oil control I picked up Mac Blot Powder in Medium.  I absolutely love this.  I don’t know why I didn’t buy this sooner.  It is keeps oil at bay but doesn’t add colour or look cakey.  I’ve been using this with both my Laura Mercier and Chantecaille Tinted Moisturisers.


I’ve admitted before that I haven’t a clue when it comes to eye makeup (I’m far too busy concealing any pesky blemishes and keeping shine at bay obviously) but still I aspire to rock a nice eye look and to help me achieve this (one day) I bought MAC Eye Shadow in Club.  It is a gorgeous shade it looks not descript in the pan but please go to MAC and give it a swatch as it’s multidimensional and green/brown depending on the light.


To keep this in place, I bought Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion.  If I’m going to start wearing more eye shadow, keeping it on my oily lids is a start right?


What have you been buying recently?

10 comments :

  1. I absolutely love Club, it's one of those shades that makes you look like you've put a lot more effort into your eye makeup than you actually have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a novice, need all the help I can get :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many people rave about the MAC eye shadow in Club, I definitely need to go and give this a try!

    Hannah http://cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always hear about Club and Cranberry, went for Club as Cranberry coupled with my lack of makeup skills, I'd probably end up looking like I have a dodgy eye infection... :)

      Delete
  3. Really want to try the Mac blot powder now! ..X

    www.pennyandpolaroids.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great but I have super oily skin :)

      Delete
  4. this is really cute! love your blog! would you be so kind as to check out mine? would be an honour!
    Its fashion Damnit
    thank you!
    lottie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just looking at it now, great blog :)

      Delete
  5. That eyeshadow looks so nice. Urban decay primer potion really does do wonders aswell, i recently bought the face primer by UD and im not sure how i feel about it especially since i rate the primer potion so highly. I hope it works for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, I think because it's duo chrome I can get away with just using this eye shadow :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations