The Nail File #9: Essie Topless & Barefoot

Thursday, 7 March 2013


The other week I posted my Essie Collection and in a bid to restrain myself from buying any more polishes (although seriously lusting after Chanel’s Western Lights…) I thought I’d go through my stash and dusted off Essie Topless & Barefoot.

This reminds me of Essie St. Tropez, nude but not too beige with a bit more pink.  A chic manicure look without any fear of mannequin hands.  As the number of varnishes in my drawer with little white lids will attest to, I’m a huge Essie fan but this one is not part of the diffusion line so comes with the thin brush which makes application a little more tricky.  Also, I find that I need to lacquer on 2-3 coats to get perfect opaqueness.  


Application issues aside, I love the shade and this lasts several days with a base and topcoat before there is any tip wear.  You can buy this from Beauty Bay for the random prices of €9.42 or £7.91.  


The Essie obsession continues…  

7 comments :

  1. This is such a lovely and sophisticated colour!

    http://mimsmake-up.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour looks so elegant. I think nice looking, clean colour like this are the most sophisticated ones! I've just started following you blog and I'm loving it! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour, lovely post x

    http://jessielu123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- what a fabulous colour! i am addicted to nude nail polishes! i have to add this colour to my collection! =) thank you so much for sharing!

    Check out my latest OOTD :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations