The Nail File #8: Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 18 Rouge Noir

Sunday, 3 March 2013






























Here is the latest addition to my ridiculous nail polish collection.  Chanel Le Vernis 18 Rouge Noir.  You know from previous posts, like this one that I'm a fan!  This is one of their most popular shades.  It's an extremely dark blood red colour.  While I've been sporting more Spring time appropriate lip colours, I've definitely been loving wearing this dark shade on my nails.

What I like about Chanel polishes is that the apply easily because the formula is not too thick and gloopy and they dry to a glossy shine.  What I don't like about them is their lasting power, I'll be lucky if I get two days before I see my first chip...sigh!  But hey it's such a beautiful shade that I'll overlook that, for now!  

I picked this up in Brown Thomas but Topshop's Ruthless is a pretty good dupe!

Have you had better luck with Chanel polishes lasting?

23 comments :

  1. I don't own any chanel nail polish. But I also heard that their lasting power isn't that good. That's why I don't buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the best but I was surprised at this shade, I tweeted that it lasted five days :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Darling!
    I love your blog and I want to ask you if we want follow each other...
    Kisses
    Timeless Mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just seen your comment above- 5 days isnt too bad. I've had some that have come off after 2-3. But I love love love the colour, such a strong sexy colour :) xxx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually find the quality of Chanel polishes a bit pants but was impressed with this :)

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour!! Lovely post and pictures :)

    Just found your blog :) If you have a minute, maybe check out mine and we can follow each other? Alara x x

    http://thevanitylondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great nail color!

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not very "Spring" appropriate but I love it :)

      Delete
  6. Cool color!!!

    I am your follower now, dear (with gfc).
    And I will be SOO happy, if you follow me:-)

    xxx
    Tatiana

    http://www.bonnieblog.net/

    My FACEBOOK
    My LOOKBOOK
    My TWITTER

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun color! Love this!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very Spring appropriate but ah well :)

      Delete
  8. That's a gorgeous shade :)

    Rachel [at] AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rouge Noir is one of my favorite nail polish <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fast becoming one of my favs too. I can't believe it took me so long to buy it :)

      Delete
  10. im a new beauty blogger & i hope like this your stop by my blog & if your enjoy it feel free to follow :)

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this colour, love your blog and it's aesthetic.
    Nicola

    www.yourloveissowifi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations