The Makeup #6: Boots Haul

Thursday, 21 March 2013


You know how it is, you go into Boots for one thing and well...

First up I bought another Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Lychee.  You know from this post how much I love these so wanted to try more shades.  I’ll pop a post up soon but this is a good dupe for Chanel’s Frenzy.

Then Rimmel ScandalEyes Eye Shadow Stick in 002 Bullet Proof Beige caught my eye.  This is a lovely golden colour and I thought I could use this for a bit of inner corner highlighting.  As you do…

In the hope that it would be a good dupe for my Tom Ford Extreme Mascara as reviewed here, I picked up Revlon Grow Luscious Plumming Mascara in 001 Blackest Black.  I do like it but unfortunately for my bank balance I prefer the Tom Ford one…

Finally, I gave in and bought one of the infamous Rimmerl Apocalips in 500 Luna.  I didn’t want to like this, there are so many reviews on these and there was such a hype when they first came out that I was put off and swore I didn’t even want to try them, but I cracked.  This is a gorgeous creamy peachy shade.

Have you been to Boots recently?

15 comments :

  1. Thanks for doing this review and your blog is so well written with great info on beauty products. I'm a big fan of Rimmel so I'll have to try this because I haven't seen it yet.

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you got. Would quite like to try the mascara and the Apocalips!

    Gillian from glamupeveryday.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the Apolcalips but I did also buy the Hourglass version....opps :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see a post about this nail polish !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great. I'm really loving Barry M atm :)

      Delete
  4. You've got some seriously good buys here lovely! I adore the Apocalips & have been trying to get my hands on the Lychee Barry M shade for a while, unfortunately so has everyone else in Sheffield.

    Hannah from cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're nice aren't they? Ah no, hopefully they'll get more in soon :)

      Delete


  5. hi.
    I observe your blog for a long time already.
    please visit to me.
    if i like it my blog follow me:)

    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog, new follower!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boots is a bugger for that. I so want to try the Apocalips!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the nude nail varnish!!

    please would you mind checking out my blog?? xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing it non stop :) I'll have a look now :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations