The Lips #5: NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils

Saturday, 9 March 2013



While I’m very boring cautious with what skincare and makeup I use, for fear of something breaking me out - checking blogs first for reviews, seeing if I can get a sample, examining the list of ingredients etc. There is one thing I can just go wild with and you know, buy - lipstick!  Which may explain this and this and how I left my nearest counter clutching two NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils a few weeks ago…

These had been on my beauty wish list (with the rest) for AGES and Chelsea from ChelseaWears on Youtube always raves about them so that’s me sold!


First up is Dragon  Girl which is a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l blue toned classic cherry red.  Then for day time or while I practise wearing brights out of the house, I bought Belle Du Jour which is a warm nude, similar to MAC Shy Girl.


I really, no REALLY love the formula of these.  The name Velvet Matte is apt as these apply so nicely. They go on smoothly, without any tugging that you find with some matte lip products.  They are highly pigmented and opaque with one swipe.  While not moisturising or creamy, they are comfortable to wear and not drying at all.


Oh NARS you’ve ruined me, I need (yes, need) Red Square next...


Do you own any of these, what is your favourite shade?

13 comments :

  1. I've heard a terrible rumour that Red Square has been discontinued. These shades look lovely though - I feel a splurge coming on x Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragon Girl looks like such a pretty red colour, I definitely prefer blue toned reds :)

    Gillian from glamupeveryday.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice but now that I have these, I really want to try more shades :)

      Delete
  3. They seem like great products. The red colour is so vibrant. I need to give these a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab, I really want more shades now :)

      Delete
  4. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know! :)
    http://lizziapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nude looks right up my street!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a bit of shimmer in it but it's barely noticeable :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations