The Edit #16: Spring Beauty Picks

Sunday, 31 March 2013


As I sit here eating the remains of my Lindt chocolate Easter Bunny in my cosy socks, fleecy Pjs, so cold my fingers can barely hit the keyboard with the dog beside me using me as her own personal human hot water bottle, do me a favour, humour me with this post!  Lets all just ignore the snow we've just had and pretend that it is Spring!

On that note, I thought I’d go through my beauty picks for this season:


First up, a lighter base.  The makeup melting off my face in warmer weather is not a look I can pull off.  So I swap my fuller coverage foundation for a tinted moisturiser with the Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15.  While marketed as a tinted moisturiser, I find that this gives almost light foundation coverage without being too heavy.  The finish of this is gorgeous - luminous with an evened out complexion.  Remember Spring picks, so we are going for glowing not weather beaten :)


Next, the much raved about and rightly so, Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in #01 Pink Shimmer.  I’m not much of a lip gloss fan, in fact, I own one - a Laura Mercier Lip GlacĂ©!  But I love these as they are more of a gloss meets balm texture.  Really moisturising and comfortable to wear and leave a beautiful hint of glossy colour to the lips without being sticky.  No hair stuck to face/lip incidents.  This gives a pretty pink sheen to the lips.  Perfect in place of more opaque lipsticks.


For cheeks, I’ll be shopping my stash and remembering why I love using my NARS Blush in Deep Throat.  This is a sheer peachy pink with golden shimmer.  Perfect for my pale skin.  While it looks very shimmery in the pan, it’s more satin like once applied.


Not that I really pay attention to the rules and have been known to wear pastel shades in Winter, (rebel I know) I think I’ll reach for something like Chanel Le Vernis in #535 May to laquer on my nails.  This is a very pretty baby pink shade.  


And finally because blow drying my thick hair is the bane of my live, I’ll be attempting a more care free (read messy) look with the help of Oribe Dry Texturising Spray.  If When the weather gets warmer, I don’t have the patience to dry then straighten my hair so a few spritzes of this on dry hair and I’ll be embracing the volume.  It’s marked as a dry shampoo but I use this instead of my Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray for a more dishevelled look…

11 comments :

  1. I think I might have to invest in the Chantecaille Just Skin in time for summer even if it does seem a dim and distant prospect at the minute! x Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a sliver of sun outside now, here's hoping :)

      Delete
  2. The Clarins lip gloss seems really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Chanel nail colour!

    Hope you're having a nice Easter.

    Amy xx

    www.amodernminute.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the Nars blush colour! I still need to try out their products, I'm so behind haha!
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't think you can go wrong with NARS blush. They last so well on the skin and are such a nice soft finely milled powder. I'd definitely recommend NARS if you're looking for blusher :)

      Delete
  5. I have used most of these products - great bunch of products!! I REALLY love the ORIBE dry tex spray - which I could always afford it instead of Batisse! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't it, wish it wasn't so spendy!

      Delete
  6. definitely want to try that oribe spray! heard so much about the brand recently

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the ice neon or fruit pastel collection by models own! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup to blame for mentioning it, but it's great!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations