The Edit #15: Favourite Makeup Brushes

Wednesday, 13 March 2013


While I own many makeup brushes as this post shows, a fact I lament while going through the tedious task of cleaning them each week, there are only a few I use on a daily basis.

From top to bottom:


An old favourite - Smashbox Flat Brush that I use for applying concealer.  So old that I’m not sure what this is called as there is no number or name on it and have no idea what it is mean’t for but I have been loving using this with my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer as it is sturdy and the bristles are densely packed.  I use this to apply and then blend out with my fingers.


MAC 217 Blending Brush I know this is a blending brush but I use this to both apply and blend out the rare bit of eye shadow I wear.  Usually a MAC Paint Point applied with my fingers and I use this to ensure there are no harsh lines.  This has medium dense bristles but is soft on the skin.  I have had no trouble with this shedding during use or washing.


Real Techniques Stippling Brush for use with my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.  (What did we do before Real Techniques brushes?)  It doesn’t shed and because of the synthetic hair it dries quickly too.  It provides good coverage without using up too much product.


Mac 150 Large Powder Brush I love this dome shaped brush for applying setting powder.  It is full, fluffy and picks up the powder in one swipe.  


Topshop Blush Brush - I get a lot of use out of this.  I bought it as part of a set and find it perfect for use with powder blush or even sometimes with highlighter.


What are your favourite brushes?

16 comments :

  1. I still haven't tried the real techniques brushes!
    Great post :)


    Samantha xo | SamanthaLusts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? :) I'd suggest even picking up the Stippling Brush which you can buy on it's own. They're really good for the price.

      Delete
  2. I really need to look into Topshop brushes more, love RT ones and need to get my hands on that mac one

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting them to be great but I'm really impressed. RT ones are great aren't they?

      Delete
  3. I love my mac 217 and have wanted the 150 for ages just the price puts me off! lol I love the the RT blush brush and the mac 187 x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pricey but I've had them years :)

      Delete
  4. Great post!

    Laylonbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did we do before RT? I can't remember! The MAC 217 is on my 'To Buy' list definitely!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're pricey but I'd really recommend the 217 it's fab!

      Delete
  6. I was hoping if you would like to check out my blog. If you really like it maybe you can show some love by staying connected. Thank you so much for reading my comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm starting to build my makeup kit! Great Post!
    www.arcanusunknown.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want the Real Techniques stipping brush! I use the Laura Mercier tinted moisteriser too

    http://siddalee-lifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it! And at least with the Stippling Brush you can buy it on its own and don't have to buy a set :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations