The Skincare #9: Face Masks I'm Loving

Saturday, 9 February 2013


L-R: Origins, Chantecaille, Sisley
I along with the rest of the country it would seem have had a cold and as a result my skin care routine has been slightly neglected and I fear that I have been looking as meh as I feel.  So I have been using a combination of face masks to try and add a little somethin’ somethin’ to my skin.

First up is the Chantecaille Detox Clay Mask with Rosemary & Honey - I look forward to using this.  The texture is smooth and it glides over the skin easily.  This is really thick so a little goes a long way.  It has a distinct scent but you can’t smell this once applied to your face.  What I love about this is that it doesn’t dry or go hard, it feels nice on the skin.  I leave this on for 5-10 minutes and then remove with a flannel or muslin cloth.  It leaves my skin feeling soft and less irritated.  


The next mask, I’ve had in rotation is one I turn to for oil control and currently, for the rather large spot that has taken up residence on my forehead!   Sisley Creamy Mask With Tropical Resins.  Don’t be fooled by the word “creamy” in the name while it applies easily and is a light cream consistency, it is more of a traditional clay mask, in that it does dry and crack on the skin.  I generally leave this on for 5-10 minutes too but sometimes I go wild and leave it on individual blemishes for longer.  Afterwards, my skin is less oily and blemishes appear less inflamed 


While I have one of the two above mentioned masks slathered on my t-zone, I use the much hyped and raved about here - Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask on my cheeks as they are dryer and dehydrated.  Just a pea-sized amount is all I need and in the morning my skin is soft and almost radiant.  


That’s my plans for the evening sorted, going to have a lil’ pamper session and try and make myself look less of an escapee extra from The Walking Dead…

3 comments :

  1. I've never used Origins before, really want to though!! I get oily T zone but dry cheeks, maybe I should give this ago. Only heard good things about Origins :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even see if you can get a sample the next time you're at a counter :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations