The Makeup #5: Clarins Mineral Mono Eyeshadow

Monday, 25 February 2013




You may have noticed that I’m not the biggest lover of eye shadow.  Lipsticks? Hell yes!  I’m likely to have several lip products with me at all times but eye shadow I can take or leave.  (I know and I call myself a beauty blogger pft!)  It’s just I can’t create those looks that to me is one shade across the entire lid, when in fact there are several versions of the same shade, 12 different brushes used and it took 20 minutes to complete…  When I try, it looks like I let a small child do my makeup.  In fact, the end result would probably look better if I did indeed let a small child do my makeup!


So the only excuse explanation I have for this purchase of the Clarins Mineral Mono Eyeshadow is that I watched Sandra from 15 Steps and a Beauty Blog’s haul video here.  What can I say, I watched the video, it caught my eye, I added it to the mental beauty wish list and what do you know, I found myself at a Clarins counter a few days later…  Bloggers and Youtubers are my biggest enablers :)



The shade is 08 Taupe and is a beautiful neutral colour.  There is a slight shimmer.  This is a cool toned I’d say frost finish.  It has a grey and almost lilac tint in some lights.  I've worn these every day and what I love about this is that it lasts. And on my oily lids that’s no mean feat.  



And the packaging is beautiful too.  I’m a sucker for pretty packaging…You can pick this up from Boots for £17.

12 comments :

  1. This is definitely my color!Great choice you are making here,,,, love the boots from earlier post too....
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't a clue when it comes to eye makeup :)

      Delete
  2. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING BLOG :)

    XX http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous! i bet it gives nice dimension when it's all over the eyelid, could definitely create such a beautiful eye! would love for you to come by and visit my blog sometime! :)

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeless at eye makeup but I'm trying :)

      Delete
  4. Hello! Amazing post! Love the colors. Followed you dear, hope you can check back and follow back

    *hugs*

    http://zanesaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pallet looks beautiful, great post x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful shade! Now I'm tempted! Xoxo

    Www.roxysun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty and perfect for an eye shadow novice like me :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations