The Nail File #6: Essie Aperitif

Thursday, 21 February 2013

A quick rifle through my nail polish drawer will tell you I have a problem.  I own a stupid amount of polishes.  Actually the fact that they require their own drawer will tell you that…  But I noticed that when not lacquering on one of my many beige/taupe/nude shades that I love, the other one I favour most is red and one red in particular - Essie Aperitif.

Not too orange or cool toned but a cherry rouge that means you can wear this during Autumn/Winter and it looks just as good during Spring/Summer. (Not that I may attention to these rules I erm rock neon orange talons in Winter!  Badass I know…)

The fact that I can’t seem to leave a Boots store without buying a new Essie and the number of polishes with the little white caps that I already own will tell you that I love the formula of these varnishes.  They featured in my 2012 Favourites.


They apply easily and dry to a nice finish.  I always use a base and topcoat so I get about 5 days before I start to notice some wear.  Unlike lighter shades, with this you could get away with one coat if you’re a rebel or you know, just in a rush but I’d give it two to be on the safe side.  You can pick these up as part of the diffusion range in Boots or Superdrug for £7.99 or €9.99.  


What are your favourite shades?   

8 comments :

  1. This colour is gorgeous. I have struggled with Essie polishes in the past, but this is so pretty that I could be tempted to give them another shot x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I know the really pale ones like Ballet Slippers can be a bit watery and I need three coats to make it opaque but other than that I love them :)

      Delete
  2. I can't leave Boots or Superdrug without an Essie polish either, don't think I've tried this one though its gorge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be neither! Although I often go into Boots for one thing and leave 20 minutes and €30 poorer :)

      Delete
  3. such a beautiful colour! i've actually never seen this colour of essie's before!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a nice staple polish! I may have to try it out haha.

    http://bonjourperfection.blogspot.co.uk/

    Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations