The Nail File #5: Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polish

Sunday, 3 February 2013








































I was in Boots last week.  You know how it goes, you pop in for cotton wool pads and leave twenty minutes later clutching a bag of things you didn’t know you needed, glass nail file anyone?!  This time, these essentials included one of the new Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polishes by Barry M. The shade Satsuma 235 caught my eye, a gorgeous coral colour.  I’m sure the shade Mushroom is somewhere at the back of my nail polish drawer (yes, there is an entire drawer!) but I haven’t used Barry M polishes in ages (read since I discovered Essie) so I had no expectations.  

But I feel it’s my duty to tell you all about this - a beauty themed Public Service Announcement if you will.  This is amazing!  It really does what it says on the tin bottle!  It dries to an extra glossy finish and more importantly stays glossy.  The application is good.  You could get away with one coat but I applied two for perfect opaqueness.  Pictured are day three nails - no chips, even with me clattering away at the keyboard and still shiny.  I’m impressed.  I think I’ll pick up the shade Blueberry the next time I pop into Boots (for one thing…)  These cost £3.99, cheap as chips :)

10 comments :

  1. Ahh I stole some of this from my sister ;) ... It lasted ages! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two of these polishes from BarryM & love them. They last quite a while on my nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this so bright!! Xxcheck out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be lovely in the Summer too with a tan :)

      Delete
  4. Thats a vey nice color.
    Hope you have great time!
    You are very welcome to visit my blog and if you like it we can follow each other! Let me know ;)
    www.therainstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gelly hi-shines but I don't have this one!think I need to purchase it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's such a beautiful shade :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations