The Lips #4: Tom Ford Lipstick Collection

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

It all started when, in my quest for the perfect neutral shade, I stumbled upon Pink Dusk and so began an (expensive) obsession with Tom Ford lipsticks.  You know you have a problem when the girl from your the counter recognises you in Wagamamas…

I’ve mentioned some of these briefly in my Non MAC Lipstick Collection but thought I’d go through these in more detail today.

I love the packaging with the dark brown and gold accents and the TF embossed on the lipstick.  And is it weird that I find the snap when the lid is closed oddly satisfying.  I find Tom Ford lipsticks very easy and comfortable to wear.  They are creamy and remind me while applying, of the YSL Rouge Volupté lipsticks but not too creamy that they slip which I find the Rouge Voluptés do.  Besides one, that is part of the new Lip Colour Shine Collection they are very pigmented.

Pink Dusk - this is in the older white and gold packaging.  This is a soft neutral rosy pink.  There is a shimmer in the bullet but it doesn’t transfer onto the lips.  I don’t own it, but I hear it’s very comparable to Spanish Pink.

Moroccan Rouge - this too has a micro shimmer while in the bullet.  This is a pinky plummish shade.

Nude Vanille - this is a warm flesh-nude shade with a soft pink undertone.

Blush Nude - this and Nude Vanille are very alike.  So similar that I thought the S.A. had sold me the wrong shade. You definitely don’t need both.  The only difference is that this has a slightly more brown undertone.

Wild Ginger - is a coral orange toned red.  I love wearing this in the Summer with a tan.

Flamingo - a vibrant bright pink shade very like in colour to Chanel’s Rouge Allure Velvet in 43 La Favorite.

Frolic - the is the latest addition to my collection.  It is part of the new Lip Colour Shine Collection.  This is a sheer lipstick, similar in consistency to the Rouge Coco Shines by Chanel.  This is a beautiful peachy pink shade.

I buy mine from Brown Thomas but you can pick these up from Selfridges.  There is no question that these are high-end luxury lipsticks and have the price tags to match.  Even I will admit that £36 / €46 is crazy money for a lipstick that I’m sure MAC have a dupe for but I think everyone needs a bit of Tom Ford in their makeup collection.  Maybe not seven bits…

18 comments :

  1. I am so jealous of your Tom Ford collection! I have been lusting after Tom Ford lipsticks forever, but have yet to manage to convince myself that it's okay to spend that much on one lipstick! The most I've ever spent is £25 on Chanel and it took me a while to allow myself to do that haha! Great collection.

    Christina x
    http://www.passionobsession.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same! Then I bought one...it's a slippery slope :)

      Delete
  2. wow! LOVE your Tom Ford collection of lipsticks! the shade range you have is lovely. I don't own one myself although I am a luxe lipstick lover of ysl, chanel, etc.. definitely need to get my hands on one of these guys!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Sorry, bad influence! Tell your bank balance I apologise :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing collection, I'm so gelous!!!!

    Following you on Bloglovin, hope you'll follow me back!
    Marella MMAMC
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs some Tom Ford in their life :)

      Delete
  4. I don't think nude lipsticks suit me but I love the look of 'Flamingo' :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful shade. MAC's Impassioned would be a good dupe :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I love them! Yes, I know that's a little sad... :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh that plumish colour looks gorgeous!
    now following your lovely blog :)
    http://mimsmake-up.blogspot.co.uk xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm normally a more peachy/pink kinda gal but I've loved this one :)

      Delete
  7. TF lipsticks are amazing, I have a gorgeous nude one and its perfect! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lipsticks look gorgeous! I love the look of the Moroccan Rouge and Nude Vanille! Great post.

    Love Daniela (new fan) oxo

    ohellabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them, just wish they weren't so expensive :)

      Delete
  9. These are just beautiful! I think I would just sit and look at them all day and never use them lol xxx

    http://thebigburd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that at first, I didn't want to ruin the TF embossed on them :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations