The Lips: #2: Non Mac Collection

Friday, 1 February 2013




























Previously, I went through my MAC lipsticks in this post. So I thought I'd write about my non MAC lipsticks today.  There are two more mentioned in this haul.

First up is a Topshop Beguiled.  It looks quite dark in the bullet but applies more sheer.  I really like Topshop lipsticks.  The lasting power is great for the price.  I bought this wine colour for Winter but really want to try Desert or Nevada next.


Then I have my first Revlon Black Cherry 477.  As you can see this is darker and more opaque than the Topshop one.  The finish is similar to MAC créme sheen formulas.


Beside that is a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Evasion 48.  This is quite sheer and glossy so does not stay on as long but it's a perfect every day peachy nude colour.


Continuing on the peachy nude theme, I have Tom Ford Nude Vanille 12 and Blush Nude 13.  Both are similar, I'd say that Nude Vanille is a more peach toned and Blush Nude is more pink.  I find Tom Ford lipsticks to be thick and opaque but still with a creamy formula.


Then in amongst the neutral shades I have Tom Ford Wild Ginger 15 which I bought for no other reason other than reading Laura's post on it.   Please tell me I'm not the other one that is not "enabled" in this way :)  It is a beautiful coral/red shade. 


Then after going a little crazy with that bright one, it's back to the neutral colours we all know I love.  I have YSL Rouge Volupté in 1 and 30.  They are beautiful colours but I'm not too keen on the formulation.  They are very creamy so comfortable to wear but almost a bit too thick and creamy so it feels as if they'll slide off and lipstick smeared across your face is never a good look...

14 comments :

  1. What a beautiful selection of lipsticks you have! I have Beguiled from Topshop too and I adore it, for £6 the formula is spot on.

    Hannah www.cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topshop lipsticks are great aren't they :)

      Delete
  2. Oof, I want that Tom Ford one!
    Gorgeous,

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them but think MAC do just as good if not better for cheaper :)

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing! Wish I had so many


    Emm
    SPIN DIZZY FALL
    Visit me at http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I wore them more! Most of them are neglecting in favour of lipbalm :)

      Delete
  4. There are always blog posts I see on MAC lipsticks, enjoyed reading your post on your non mac lipstick collection. The last shade looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Topshop lipsticks are great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what they bring out for Spring/Summer :)

      Delete
  6. I have a thing for lipstick real life test on skin! Makes a huge difference like paint on walls. Very I portant

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations