The Edit #10: The Liebster Award

Tuesday, 22 January 2013
















Be prepared for a Michelle (that’s me!) overload in today’s post as the lovely Laura from The Likely Lady tagged me for the Liebster Award.  Can I print this out and stick it on my fridge?

It’s a great way of getting to know more about the person behind the blog and give bloggers with less than 200 followers a bit of support!  (That’s me again!  I’d like to give a shout out to my Mum and Sis for reading!)

So here are the rules:
  • Write 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the questions asked by the person who tagged you.
  • Create 11 new questions.
  • Nominate bloggers and mention them in your post.
  • Finally, tell the person who tagged you and who you’ve nominated about it.
11 Facts about Moi:
  1. Above is my natural hair colour but I get it highlighted (to within an inch of it’s life!)
  2. I studied Marketing in college but worked in funds for a few years and now, I don’t know what I want to do.  Will someone come and sort my life out puh-lease?
  3. I’m kinda addicted to coffee.  By kinda, I mean REALLY.
  4. I’m left handed!
  5. The lack of pics of me here, is because well I’m awkward but I have acne prone skin!
  6. Because of the above mentioned skin issues, I’m trying to cut out dairy!  We’ll see how long that lasts…Mmm cheese!
  7. I was born on the 13th.  On a Friday.  Ooo-er.
  8. I knew I was obsessed with skincare/beauty when during my very first visit to New York, I left my family who were going to the Rockefeller Centre to stay in the hotel room and play with my new purchases from Sephora…
  9. There are 17 years between my eldest sibling and I.
  10. Even though I don’t have a huge amount of makeup, I’ve never “hit pan” on anything.  I feel like a blogging failure…
  11. On that note, I fell for the hype but I don’t use my Clarisonic AT ALL!
11 Questions from Laura:
  1. If you could only dress in the style of one era for the rest of your life, which decade would you choose and why?  Argh this is so difficult.  When did skinny jeans, boots and floaty tops become popular?  I’d go for the 1920s glamour.
  2. What was the biggest risk you’ve ever taken and was it worth it?  Trying to dye my hair brown when I was younger and no, it was not :)
  3. Have you got any phobias?  If so, what?  I think I’m lucky in that no, I don’t have any real phobias.  I’m not too fond of the dark though ha!  *Whispers* 30 going on 12...
  4. Which beauty product could you not live without?  Due to recent skin woes, I’d have to go for concealer.
  5. Who is your style icon?  Olivia Palermo for how polished and put together she always looks but I like Kate Bosworth’s more laid back style too.
  6. What do you hope to achieve in 2013?  To save or failing that - buy less but buy better.
  7. What are your favourite blog posts to read?  I like posts about skincare so I can see what works for other people and get some ideas but also because I’m nosey (I’m not the only one, right?  riiight?) I like hauls too and then I add things I didn’t even know or think I wanted or needed to my never ending wish list…
  8. If you could host a dinner party with anyone, alive or dead, who would you invite and why?  Erm, Olivia so I could steal some style tips, Lauren Conrad so I can ask her to be my BFF, Ryan Gosling to perv over!  And even though he’d be out of place with that lot, my Dad as he passed away a few years ago. 
  9. What’s been your most embarrassing beauty related disaster?  I cheated and changed this from style to beauty - I’d have to go back to the dying my hair brown attempt!  What was I thinking, I’m so pale!  And no, there are no pics phew!
  10. Biggest Teenage Crush?  This prob explains why I’m single, I have weird taste!  Remember when everyone loved Mark or Robbie from Take That?  Yeah, I liked Howard…
  11. Which song instantly gets you in the party mood?  Maybe something by Destinys Child?  Cheesy but true!
And the nominations are:

Claire - Clairebare
Amelia - The Non Brit
Ashly - Ashly London

My Questions:
  1. What do you want to be doing 5 years from now?  (I need some inspiration!)
  2. What’s your favourite fashion obsession?  (shoes or bags or both…)
  3. What other hobbies do you have besides from blogging?  Shopping is a hobby right?
  4. Motto in life?
  5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?  (Do you know?)
  6. What food could you happily eat for the rest of your life?
  7. What’s your favourite cosmetic brand?
  8. Biggest vice?
  9. Books or magazines? 
  10. What is your favourite item of clothing?
  11. What do you order in Starbucks/Costa etc.?
Please post below, your own Liebster awards.  I’d love to read your answers, I’m nosey like that :)


7 comments :

  1. Haha, I can see the attraction with Howard! I'm definitely a Mark girl overall though.. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was I thinking? Although I would have dismissed Gary and look at him now :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! I've already done this before, so I will just post your questions and my answers beaut xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done them! :-)
      http://clairebaretm.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
    2. Great thanks a mil! I'm so dumb, didn't even think to check if people had done it before :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks for nominating me! The coffee addiction has been with me for the better part of six years now. Don't think I've gone a day without! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, love your blog! The coffee thing is getting out of control but we need some vices right :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations