The Skincare #3: Current Skincare Routine

Thursday, 3 January 2013
















Recently I’ve had a few tweets requesting a post on my skincare routine.  Due to my never ending quest to sort my skin out, there are quite a few products here!  (Maybe go make yourself a cup of tea?)  While I may make some changes if something new and shiny comes along, this is my full current skincare routine.  It’s worth noting that I have super oily, acne prone skin.  Which would be fine if I was say 16.  Unfortunately, I am not I’m *whispers* 30!  If you have dry or sensitive skin, you may need more moisture.

I have been to the doctor numerous times over the years and tried literally everything they can prescribe except accutane which I was reluctant to take due to its side effects.  Previously, I would have only used harsh drying products, in a fruitless attempt to dry up oil/blemishes.  But I’ve found (the hard way!) that the more you fight with your skin, the more it fights back.


AM:


I cleanse with Perricone MD Nutritive Cleanser which I have declared my love for here.  This leaves my skin feeling clean but soft at the same time.


I then sweep some of Biologique Recherche Lotion P50V over my face with a cotton pad.  Which is a balancing exfoliating toner.  I don’t tend to use manual scrubs.  I would rather use something like this or use a muslin cloth when cleansing, which is a gentle exfoliant.


I then apply some Effaclar Duo by La Roche-Posay on my t-zone.  Which is great for reducing blemishes and I find it works well as a base for makeup.  I’m currently using this in place of a moisturiser which I know is very bold but I have a spot the size of a small country currently on my chin - nice mental image for you all there…When my skin is behaving itself a bit better, I use Chanel’s UV Essentiel which has SPF 50 and leaves skin feeling almost matte which is perfect for my skin type.


My cheeks are prone to redness, so I am using the Redness Relief Recovery Balm from Darphin’s Intral range.  This is a great range for people suffering from redness or sensitivity.


For eye cream, I’m currently slathering on Eysilix around my peepers and after declaring my love for Crème De La Mer’s The Lip Balm, I’m cheating on it and using up a Sisley Nutritive Lip Balm.



PM:


 I am fastidious about makeup removal!  No matter what time it is, how tired/tipsy/lazy I may be I make sure to cleanse thoroughly.  I’m all out of my Bioderma, so I am using Emma Hardie’s Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (what a mouthful?) to take off my makeup and then double cleanse using the Perricone MD Cleanser.


I used to use the Alpha H Liquid Gold x 3 weekly but I’m all out of this too so I’m using the P50V lotion again at night.  To be honest, even though everyone raved about it, I’m not sure the Liquid Gold did all that much for my skin.


My last step before using the same eye cream and lip balm that I use in the morning, is to apply a thin layer of Darphin’s Aromatic Purifying Balm on my T-Zone.  Years ago, I would have been horrified at the thought of using a balm on my oily skin but like the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, I find this great at keeping my skin clear and any blemishes seem reduced.


Extras:


Sometimes I use the Origins Drink Up - Intensive Overnight Mask if my skin seems a bit dull and lack lustre.  Also, another item, not pictured here but on my shopping list to repurchase is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum which I find has dramatically helped with scarring.


It’s not all a softly softly, gentle approach over here.  Sometimes along comes one of those blemishes that needs something stronger.  For those bad boys, I use a tiny bit of the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.  Word of warning, only use this on individual blemishes as the name suggests, this is extremely drying!


And once a week I’ll use a clay mask in the form of Chantecaille’s Detox Clay Mask with Rosemary and Honey.


And that’s it…phew.  What products are you loving?

2 comments :

  1. I'm using the P50 exfoliating lotion at the moment and have been patiently waiting to see some good results. So far, after two weeks, there hasn't been much action. Do you find it had improved your skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, it's the one thing I constantly repurchase. What skin type do you have? I've very oily skin. I'd say give it a month :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations