The Makeup #3: Chanel Spring 2013 Makeup

Thursday, 24 January 2013




























So it happened again, I found myself shopping.  This time for some bits from the Chanel Spring 2013 
Makeup Collection - Printemps Precieux de Chanel. that launched on 18th January.  I lay the blame entirely with Selina and this video. The collection is so pretty, the makeup you'd need for say a garden party or a day at the races!  ('Cause I attend a lot of them...)

I think the hero product of the range will be this highlighter that looks BEAUTIFUL.  Perhaps so nice, I'd be afraid to use it.  But I gave myself a stern talking to and told myself I didn't need it.  What I did need apparently, were two lipsticks and a blush.

Chanel Joues Contraste 76 Frivole, the blusher is what I really wanted to get my eager hands on.  Satiny and pigmented.  It looks very bright in the pan, I'm more a natural, MAC Melba wearing kinda gal but once applied this is a lovely apricot shade as per the last swatch on the right above.  It has a slight scent (roses!) but you can't notice this once applied.  I think that MAC Modern Mandarin would be a good dupe.

I own two of the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks by Chanel which are quite sheer and glossy but didn't own any of the more opaque ones so I picked up two.  I bought Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour in Pr├ęcieuse 114 which is a lovely peachy beige shade.  It feels like a satin finish and has a slight sheen.

Finally, added to my stash is Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Colour in La Favorite 43.  A stunning coral/pink shade with a smooth opaque finish..  It's described as a matte but I don't find this as matte or drying as say the matte finishes by MAC.  Definitely more on the velvet side but still has good lasting power!  (I ate chicken wings!  Purely for research purposes...)   

What do you think, have you bought anything from this collection?

14 comments :

  1. Love Chanel lipstick, it has such a lovely texture.

    Nice post! Following now :)

    www.roaringtwentiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! Unfortunately, my bank balance doesn't agree!

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to get my hands on a chanel lipstick!!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bright red is just so stunning! Wish I had some extra money to spend on nicer makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are lots of dupes for this. Topshop have similar shades :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I just want Winter to be over, so I can wear brighter shades :)

      Delete
  6. The Chanel S 2013 collection is so lovely! The orange tones are right up my street! Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely. I haven't used Chanel makeup products in a while, as I stick mainly to Nars and Bobbi Brown but come spring time, I know where to go for new products. Thanks !

    bisous,
    Natasha

    www.bisousnatasha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used Bobbi Brown must look the next time I'm at one of their counters :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations